By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does people not complain about the new Lara Croft but.....

Why does people not complain about the new Lara Croft but complain about the new Dante in Devil May Cry?  I found all the complaints extremely annoying but I really do want to know why?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Holy shit man, you have been making so many threads....if you are trying to get banned...the mods do accept requests (i.e. Spurgeonryan and Chocolocobo).

Anyways

Dante = emo

Lara Croft = Tits

Tits always beats emo. That is why.

Nooo i dont want to be banned lol  This is a genuine thread :)  I want to know

Because the new Lara Croft is more of a younger version of the older one than Dante and new Dante. But I don't have a problem with new Dante, mostly because I never played DMC.

Pretty sure Lara got a lot of criticism and complaining before the game came out.

Then the game came out and it was an awesome game, so it shut everyone up.

I don't play Devil May Cry and didn't follow it, so gonna ask. Was the new game good, did it make the old games look like crap.

tomb Raider basically took an old franchise that was stale, bad, boring, ran its course and became one of the GOTY contenders. That will do a lot to shut up any naysayers about a persons character.

What did Devil May Cry do? If all it did was take a game and slap a new coat of paint on it, then its purely an aesthetic change and some may like it and other won't.

wow you are active today...

Around the Network

rol answered the question. Lara still looks like Lara.

You have to many threads complaining about other vocal groups complaning( or just something about some group). You could have answered this yourself.

Because if you do anything that fans may not agree with they will rip you apart. The current target is DmC. It is really that simple. People are going to find and target what is cool to attack at that time and when it gets old will move to the next thing. People look for things to attack and DmC was that. Trust me if that exact TR game released at the right time there would be endless hate for the game. It just needs the right circumstance. Just ask yourself what developer or game is going to get crucified next.

Like when people say the 2000's suck the 90's were better, or the people who said the 80's were great the world is shit now the Country has gone to hell. Don't take it seriously people need to have something to hate.

I think Tomb Raider fans that have been following the games since the 90's should answer what went right or wrong with respect to the franchise.

I for one think that DmC is a step back in gameplay and challenge, it was casualised.

Tomb raider lost a lot of fans years ago and it was already rebooted once. This is 2nd reboot.

I don't think devil may cry lost a lot of fans. And tomb raider fans aren't as crazy.

Tomb Raider is way more mainstream therefore its players are more casual.