By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339
dahuman said:
c0rd said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Conegamer said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Awesome. Thanks for the answers, you guys! I will be getting this on the 3ds soon, so if anyone wants to play, just let me know. ^_^

I should stress the 3DS does not have online play unless you also have a Wii U version of the game.

Are you serious? Well my roommate has a Wii U so I guess I could transfer my save over to it right? But that would mean I would need my own ID. What if I get myself a Wii U, can I transfer my ID over to that when I want to?

You could play online with the 3DS version if you have a Wii U, using the packet relay tool.

"The Nintendo 3DS Packet Relay Tool allows 3DS versions of the game to play online via a Wii U console. The Wii U console requires the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U Lan Adapter for the relay packet tool to work."

Dunno why it requires the LAN adapter though...

edit: Also, just noticed... the transfer tool is up on the eShop!! WII U TIME

That's how the PSP works online with the PS3, there is an app you get that lets you play games online. It uses the ethernet for internet and wireless to communicate with the portable device. The Wii U save transfer app wasn't there when I checked 2 hours ago. :(

Go to the 3ds e-shop and search Monster Hunter

Around the Network

You can play 3ds only now online?

TheKingofRedLions said:
dahuman said:
c0rd said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Conegamer said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Awesome. Thanks for the answers, you guys! I will be getting this on the 3ds soon, so if anyone wants to play, just let me know. ^_^

I should stress the 3DS does not have online play unless you also have a Wii U version of the game.

Are you serious? Well my roommate has a Wii U so I guess I could transfer my save over to it right? But that would mean I would need my own ID. What if I get myself a Wii U, can I transfer my ID over to that when I want to?

You could play online with the 3DS version if you have a Wii U, using the packet relay tool.

"The Nintendo 3DS Packet Relay Tool allows 3DS versions of the game to play online via a Wii U console. The Wii U console requires the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U Lan Adapter for the relay packet tool to work."

That's how the PSP works online with the PS3, there is an app you get that lets you play games online. It uses the ethernet for internet and wireless to communicate with the portable device. The Wii U save transfer app wasn't there when I checked 2 hours ago. :(

I got that one already, I guess you can do it ingame on Wii U?

Anybody want to hunt now? My ID is Tbone51

Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
good session tbone my wifi is acting iffy. ill have to get an ethernet thing for my wiiu.

Could be the way to go, especially with my WiFi...

Go well yesterday then?

Yea very well we fought a royal ludroth, and two other big monsters forgot their names we managed to kill them all. Enix and Tbone are great.Also did a little resource hunting.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
TheKingofRedLions said:
dahuman said:
c0rd said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Conegamer said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

I don't know :(

@mad, your internet connection ok?

Beat the first Great Jaggi, got a regular jaggi-based sword.

I really need to hit the books to figure out what path of armors i should take. I was really slapdash about it until i got close to Jhen Mohran last time.

I seem to remember there being some difficulty with the Pecco armor-set. A beak-shard or something...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Where is everybody O.o

Nobody wants to hunt in teams!?

TheKingofRedLions said:
dahuman said:
TheKingofRedLions said:
dahuman said:
c0rd said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Conegamer said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

I don't know :(

Isn't it right on the main menu?