By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Users attacking SimCity 3.4 userscore(metacritic should remove user scores)

dobby985 said:
NightDragon83 said:
Why the hell would a game that's all about building your own personal city where you control everything need to be online anyway? This ain't a Facebook app!

This game is a glorified Facebook game. No simulation depth whatsoever.

Do not play this game.

No it is the bestest facebook game everz!!! In fact it is almost as good as a myspace game!!! Yeah, that's how good it is haha

No seriosly I do think SimCity looks good though

Around the Network

Ugh, against my better judgement I bought this game.

I actually managed to pay during lunch, though not for long. I played through the tutorial and started a city. I try to play at home and after an incredibly slow download I get into the game. I have to pick a European server but whatever, I'm in the game.

Except the city I had started on my work computer isn't there and every time I try to start a new city (whether I try to join or create a region) it says I can't claim the city.

Why should I go through all this crap when I just want to play by myself? This game deserves less than the 3.4 it has.

:( What a dissapointment. F**k it, I'm getting a pirated version, if ever comes out. Yeah I'm a terrrible person.

twesterm said:

Ugh, against my better judgement I bought this game.

I actually managed to pay during lunch, though not for long. I played through the tutorial and started a city. I try to play at home and after an incredibly slow download I get into the game. I have to pick a European server but whatever, I'm in the game.

Except the city I had started on my work computer isn't there and every time I try to start a new city (whether I try to join or create a region) it says I can't claim the city.

Why should I go through all this crap when I just want to play by myself? This game deserves less than the 3.4 it has.

Cities are tied to servers, so if you played on a different server in work than you did at home you wouldn't be able to access your city on the new server.

This idea that somehow users have a right to a game with whatever DRM they prefer (NONE) is ridiculous to me. Do not like it? do not buy it. Rating games you have not even played because a company has decided to implement a certain type of DRM or is selling it a certain way is like saying that a new sports car is a terrible performer because they do not make it in your favorite color.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Around the Network
CityOfNoobs said:
This idea that somehow users have a right to a game with whatever DRM they prefer (NONE) is ridiculous to me. Do not like it? do not buy it. Rating games you have not even played because a company has decided to implement a certain type of DRM or is selling it a certain way is like saying that a new sports car is a terrible performer because they do not make it in your favorite color.

I can understand that view if it was only people that didn't buy the game. People that BOUGHT the game have been unable to play or have been screwed over by bugs. After you have shelled out money for the game then I think it is more than acceptable to slam a game you are unable to play due to idiotic DRM.

Lots of people can't play right now cause the servers are maxed out.

JinxRake said:
I find it a childish form of protest. As controversial as this may sound: if you don't want always on online play, just download a crack after you have the game installed. The solution is simple, but I'm certain it's about something else rather than just playing the game without DRM.

Metacritic is a good idea for a site, but the gamer community that frequents it is...quite dumb actually. But then again, expecting any sort of mature behavior on the internet is akin to madness.

The problem with getting a crack running with this new Simcity is the fact that you cannot make a save file unless connected to a server, so a simple crack will not work in theory as there is no local save option for the game. In time someone will mod/crack/fix the game, and then it will be pirated in droves, but it may be impossible to actually purchase the gameand simply download a crack when there is no save feature built in without online.

Besides that I can understand the anger spending 50 dollars on a agme for a sinlgeplayer experiance and not being able to play for 20 minutes due to server lag, when there is no need to have this required in the least other than to combat piracy in the most intrusive way possible. If anything this should cause people to want to pirate the game in the future to avoid all of this madness :P

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
JayWood2010 said:
dobby985 said:
NightDragon83 said:
Why the hell would a game that's all about building your own personal city where you control everything need to be online anyway? This ain't a Facebook app!

This game is a glorified Facebook game. No simulation depth whatsoever.

Do not play this game.

No it is the bestest facebook game everz!!! In fact it is almost as good as a myspace game!!! Yeah, that's how good it is haha

No seriosly I do think SimCity looks good though

That implies you haven't played the game. Yet you want to silence paying customers who can't play the game due to a failed DRM system, but companies like IGN are allowed to call it "10/10 GOTY AAA"?

I have actually played the game (when I can get on) and yeah it does remind me of a MySpace game, a social game complete with microtransactions. Also note: lack of terraforming, subways among other things. Overall fairly underwhelming.

I would be willing to forgive them if is weren't for the major problem. EA's answer to Error 37.

I should not have parts of my single player game withheld in order to make me connect to an online server so I can play the game. This shit needs to stop now, there is no excuse for this. EA put this DRM In under the guise that "city building is better with friends!" (no it isn't).

Shit like this is hurting PC gaming. It punishes paying consumers and encourages piracy. Knock it off EA!

This is why i prefer gamerankings instead.