By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Users attacking SimCity 3.4 userscore(metacritic should remove user scores)

At this point I think metacritic should just take out user scores because they are never accurate and just a bunch of exagerating fans.  Not to mention lots of them doesn't even play the games. Anyways take a look.

91 Metacritic - 3.4 Userscore 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity

Recent freakouts in metacritic has been Diablo III and Devil May Cry.  

Diablo III is still the best FPS ever XP

Around the Network

Does it have some sort of weird DRM or require online play? Remember how a bunch of angry kids pissed on Starcraft 2 for that.

BaldrSkies said:
Does it have some sort of weird DRM or require online play? Remember how a bunch of angry kids pissed on Starcraft 2 for that.

I'm pretty sure it has Online Play required.

I don't want any of that, I don't want to play SimCity with people!

Yep, its due to its DRM. User Score is reflective of users who want the game but are pissed at the craptastic security.

I'd rate it a 1 as well if I cared to. It is a "1" game to me due to the DRM.

Hope no one finds out my meta account ;o

Around the Network

I find it a childish form of protest. As controversial as this may sound: if you don't want always on online play, just download a crack after you have the game installed. The solution is simple, but I'm certain it's about something else rather than just playing the game without DRM.

Metacritic is a good idea for a site, but the gamer community that frequents it is...quite dumb actually. But then again, expecting any sort of mature behavior on the internet is akin to madness.

pezus said:
User scores are good for cases like these. You screw the consumer, you get screwed by the consumer (on metacritic )

not true.  Exclusive games also take a lot of heat by loyalists

I think this is stupid.

JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
User scores are good for cases like these. You screw the consumer, you get screwed by the consumer (on metacritic )

Let's not forget the endless whining over Devil May Cry by "fans".

Oh it's in the OP did that get edited in or did I just not notice it.

BaldrSkies said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

Let's not forget the endless whining over Devil May Cry by "fans".

Oh mah gerd he looks different!!! 1/10  -_-