By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If God of War ever went Norse mythology would you want a reboot or sequel?

Continue where God of War left off keeping Kratos as we know him but moving onto another realm or do a complete reboot changing Kratos or maybe bringing a whole new character all together? I would want a reboot but I'm not sure about replacing Kratos. It could be interesting if they changed his look and attitude. At the same time though I think it would be pretty epic if they just kept the God of War name and just changed everything else. Instead of killing all the gods maybe the character could serve them and only kill Gods under disputes. Obviously that did originally happen in God of War but it wouldn't be very refreshing if we turned on them and had the whole vengeance plot again.

Around the Network

Sequel. I want Kratos

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

naw, how about Greek(!) or Roman myth.

MOAR KRATOS!!

Reboot, new mythology, new story

Around the Network

I think Kratos is too popular to be left behind. If there is a norse mythology game, it would need to be a spin-off unless they can somehow find a way to combine norse and greek mythos.

A reboot with a new protagonist would be awesome. Title should change slightly from God of War to God of *something else*. There's quite a few polytheistic religions out there that could provide a compelling universe actually.

Reboot! Kratos is tired and not winning the franchise any new fans. He also holds the story back, Santamonica can do better.

Not a reboot, but a new character in the same universe in a new trilogy. God of Vengeance or something. There is tons of material to work with regarding Norse mythology.

I still want Kratos and I want Egyptian mythology because Norse is kind of similar to Greek in some ways that Egyptian is not and I personally feel Norse is so popular whereas Egyptian is a little more unknown territory, atleast for me. And the whole gods having dog heads and such can be made into a really horror-ish feel that would just be amazing. Think of Hades in GoW3 but even more ..scary :P. Just look at this shit =>

Egyptian and Kratos.. pleaseee :[.