By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is pretty short...

bananaking21 said:

im not really interested in it, but my friend is a metal gear junkie. so i will borrow it from him. but from what i seen as a hack and slash game GoW seems miles ahead of this. though recently a lot of good things has been said about this game, so i might have to reconsider.

out of a hack and slash game what i want is epic combat, the story to be interesting and epic boss fights

Can't compare it with God of War as I have not played it (yes, I have not), but those three things you've said are in this game. Perhaps you don't find the combat very complex or deep, but heck, the story is interesting, the boss fights are epic, the soundtrack is awesome and the dialogues are win win xD

Around the Network
Jdevil3 said:
bananaking21 said:
Wright said:
bananaking21 said:
i been told that the game is short. but i also been told that its worth it, personally from what i seen the game is kind of boring, but i have to try it first

It depends on what you're looking for. I actually don't like hack n' slash games, yet the soundtrack, the story (yes, the story) and the dialogues between characters made me buy it, and I don't regret it.

im not really interested in it, but my friend is a metal gear junkie. so i will borrow it from him. but from what i seen as a hack and slash game GoW seems miles ahead of this. though recently a lot of good things has been said about this game, so i might have to reconsider.

out of a hack and slash game what i want is epic combat, the story to be interesting and epic boss fights. 

Sounds like Rising if you add "epic soundtrack" to that sentece :P

well then i hope you guys are right, now all i need is to convince my friend to get it right away so i can play it after he is done

Wright said:
bananaking21 said:

out of a hack and slash game what i want is epic combat, the story to be interesting and epic boss fights

Can't compare it with God of War as I have not played it (yes, I have not), but those three things you've said are in this game. Perhaps you don't find the combat very complex or deep, but heck, the story is interesting, the boss fights are epic, the soundtrack is awesome and the dialogues are win win xD

you need to go play god of war right now. like right now. and i hope you guys are right, i like hack and slash games there are very little of them if you ask me, though the one that interests me (of course after GoW) is DmC. that gameplay seems AWESOME

bananaking21 said:
Jdevil3 said:
bananaking21 said:
Wright said:
bananaking21 said:
i been told that the game is short. but i also been told that its worth it, personally from what i seen the game is kind of boring, but i have to try it first

It depends on what you're looking for. I actually don't like hack n' slash games, yet the soundtrack, the story (yes, the story) and the dialogues between characters made me buy it, and I don't regret it.

out of a hack and slash game what i want is epic combat, the story to be interesting and epic boss fights. 

well then i hope you guys are right, now all i need is to convince my friend to get it right away so i can play it after he is done

I hope you enjoy it... at least you won't lose any money if you don't :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Jdevil3 said:
bananaking21 said:
Jdevil3 said:

I hope you enjoy it... at least you won't lose any money if you don't :P

lol exactly!

Around the Network

point being?

it has replayabillity son!

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

When you come and think of it the entire series would be short if it wasn't for the 10 hour cut-scenes and it's Stealth Mechanics. Rising is no doubt missing this but the replayablilty on the other hand is throw the roof