By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is pretty short...

Jdevil3 said:
I thought it was ok and besides the timer isn't even close to real time, if I remember right I think last time I played it showed 14 hours or something but I know I played it last saturday and sunday for about 6+ hours each day... and that's without even counting the time I played it on the first 3 days after it launched. I know I'm most probably over 20 hours played in real life already.

Maybe the next game they make should show 2 different clocks, one with the real time you played it and another one that doesn't count codec conversations, cutscenes, retries, etc.

I hope you're playing on hard, the game can be more fun by playing it on that mode for the first time. The final boss could probably give you a surprise :P

Shhhh. =P (Spoiler, obviously)

The final boss was a sweet surprise to me. Not only he seemed like an asshole (And he has only appeared briefly early in the game), but I thought he was just like that because he had Metal Gear Excelus. Oh boy! I was more surprised than Raiden when he became a fuckin' monster thanks to his nanomachines. The fist fight on Metal Gear was cool, but seriously, that final boss battle was something really memorable!

Around the Network
Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:
I thought it was ok and besides the timer isn't even close to real time, if I remember right I think last time I played it showed 14 hours or something but I know I played it last saturday and sunday for about 6+ hours each day... and that's without even counting the time I played it on the first 3 days after it launched. I know I'm most probably over 20 hours played in real life already.

Maybe the next game they make should show 2 different clocks, one with the real time you played it and another one that doesn't count codec conversations, cutscenes, retries, etc.

I hope you're playing on hard, the game can be more fun by playing it on that mode for the first time. The final boss could probably give you a surprise :P

The final boss was a sweet surprise to me. Not only he seemed like an asshole (And he has only appeared briefly early in the game), but I thought he was just like that because he had Metal Gear Excelus. Oh boy! I was more surprised than Raiden when he became a fuckin' monster thanks to his nanomachines. The fist fight on Metal Gear was cool, but seriously, that final boss battle was something really memorable!

LOL, and the part where his explanation as to why he's like that was just hilarious "NANOMACHINES, SON!" xD I really liked the part where you fight him with your bare hands... I wish there was a way to play the game like that... Anyways, I was talking about the surprise in the sense that many people just die a lot of times in that fight... specially those that don't use the stick to manually cut things in blade mode, it's like a difficulty spike no one expected :P I liked fighting him with that music in the background too, made the fight more epic xD

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Jdevil3 said:
Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:

LOL, and the part where his explanation as to why he's like that was just hilarious "NANOMACHINES, SON!" xD I really liked the part where you fight him with your bare hands... I wish there was a way to play the game like that... Anyways, I was talking about the surprise in the sense that many people just die a lot of times in that fight... specially those that don't use the stick to manually cut things in blade mode, it's like a difficulty spike no one expected :P I liked fighting him with that music in the background too, made the fight more epic xD

It was really a surprise! I'll never look at Senators the same way =P I died a lot in that fight. A lot. I learned the hard way that Evade is way better than Parry. And I almost threw my controller because of rage, of that goddam Blade Cut you have to do to the pile of rubbish xD It was painful, and my batteries died pretty quick. Yes! I also thought of that, I would have love a "Raiden fist" sword or something like that. Putting those movements just for ten seconds of fight was a shame in my opinion. However, if you happen to own a Ps3, an exclusive DLC with 30 VR missions will have some of those with fist-fighting.

I've yet to beat the high score in every VR missions. Seriously, the first one is giving me trouble. 40 seconds to beat 8 cyborgs and a Geckko? FUCK!

Game was really short. I personally regret buying it that early. I don't think I would have been as burned if it was 10 hours. Oh well.

Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:
Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:

It was really a surprise! I'll never look at Senators the same way =P I died a lot in that fight. A lot. I learned the hard way that Evade is way better than Parry. And I almost threw my controller because of rage, of that goddam Blade Cut you have to do to the pile of rubbish xD It was painful, and my batteries died pretty quick. Yes! I also thought of that, I would have love a "Raiden fist" sword or something like that. Putting those movements just for ten seconds of fight was a shame in my opinion. However, if you happen to own a Ps3, an exclusive DLC with 30 VR missions will have some of those with fist-fighting.

I've yet to beat the high score in every VR missions. Seriously, the first one is giving me trouble. 40 seconds to beat 8 cyborgs and a Geckko? FUCK!

Yeah, I have it on PS3 but I'd like to play the whole game that way, not just 1 VR mission :P

I only need to get the highest score in 4 more VR missions to get the gold trophy... I don't remember which ones they were though... I'm pretty sure one of them was mission 18. I remember 3 of them were some of the ones in the last row and 1 was like mission 14 or around there... and that one was because I didn't even play it yet :P

I couldn't do VR Mission 1 in under 40 seconds at first but after a few tries I somehow did it in 26 seconds xD.

Around the Network
Jdevil3 said:

Yeah, I have it on PS3 but I'd like to play the whole game that way, not just 1 VR mission :P

I only need to get the highest score in 4 more VR missions to get the gold trophy... I don't remember which ones they were though... I'm pretty sure one of them was mission 18. I remember 3 of them were some of the ones in the last row and 1 was like mission 14 or around there... and that one was because I didn't even play it yet :P

I couldn't do VR Mission 1 in under 40 seconds at first but after a few tries I somehow did it in 26 seconds xD.

That's so unfair D:

Not just one mission. I think up to ten will be fist-fighting. Oh! I've yet to do a non-lethal playthrough the game. Did you know that the final boss' speech changes if you arrive with zero kill count at him?

Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:

That's so unfair D:

Not just one mission. I think up to ten will be fist-fighting. Oh! I've yet to do a non-lethal playthrough the game. Did you know that the final boss' speech changes if you arrive with zero kill count at him?

Go on.  And how do you not kill in the sections of the game where you're forced to attack?

darkknightkryta said:
Wright said:

That's so unfair D:

Go on.  And how do you not kill in the sections of the game where you're forced to attack?

Except for the bosses (kinda like Human Revolution, you're forced to kill the bosses wheter you're aiming for a non-lethal playtrough or not), and the unnmaned gear (which does not count as a human enemy), you can spare cyborg's life by cutting their limbs off, or finishing them with a wooden sword.

You can beat it in about 6 hours, but it has (some)replay value, so far i finished MGR 2 times to get some more trophies and weapons. But i admit i would wait for a price drop, if it wasn't for the action figure that came with the collector´s edition.

Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:

That's so unfair D:

Up to 10? Ok... I'll see if I get the DLC or not but I doubt it :P. I heard about the speech changing at the end if you do that but I won't do it yet... I still have to finish the game on Very Hard and then Revengeance.

This game has a lot of unlockable stuff by the way... like older games, I think that's pretty cool. I unlocked a machete and a wooden sword the other day. It seems the wooden sword is for "pros" who want to challenge themselves... not only is it weak but one of its "enhancements" actually downgrades its attack power even more xD. I'll probably try to finish the game on Revengeance with it but only after at least clearing it once on that mode :P

Oh, and I got 26 seconds in that one because somehow a regular soldier attacked me and my counter hit the gekko, stunning him and giving me an ultra fast Zandatsu chance I didn't waste xD. To kill the regular soldiers I just run with R1, press triangle to slide and L1 to go into blade mode and cut them... try to only cut one in the red square to get the electrolytes and the others anywhere but on the electrolyte part so you don't have to grab multiple electrolytes when you stop... that will take longer than just getting 1 and besides... 1 is enough to fill the blade mode again for another slide :P.