By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - EA Origin: What are your thoughts?

fordy said:
pokoko said:

EA wanting to take control of Nintendo's online services is a rumor that comes from an unsubstantiated Reddit post that cites a source who was supposedly at a Kyoto meeting between Nintendo and EA.  Yeah, really.  The post said, "Nintendo Network and Miiverse would have to become Origin exclusive."

The internet being the internet, people have decided this must be true, despite it making absolutely zero sense.

What Scoobes said is most likely what happened.  EA wanted their releases to access Origin from within the game and Nintendo declined, much as Steam did before them.  I would imagine that EA worked something out with Sony and Microsoft.

Open to links and references if you have any...

After all, I did say before that it WAS my original perception before the article....

http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-have-ea-and-nintendo-relations-begun-sour-over-wii-u

Around the Network
pokoko said:
fordy said:
pokoko said:

EA wanting to take control of Nintendo's online services is a rumor that comes from an unsubstantiated Reddit post that cites a source who was supposedly at a Kyoto meeting between Nintendo and EA.  Yeah, really.  The post said, "Nintendo Network and Miiverse would have to become Origin exclusive."

The internet being the internet, people have decided this must be true, despite it making absolutely zero sense.

What Scoobes said is most likely what happened.  EA wanted their releases to access Origin from within the game and Nintendo declined, much as Steam did before them.  I would imagine that EA worked something out with Sony and Microsoft.

Open to links and references if you have any...

After all, I did say before that it WAS my original perception before the article....

http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-have-ea-and-nintendo-relations-begun-sour-over-wii-u

That doesn't exactly dismiss the article, it's more like saying "take this article with a grain of salt", which I ended up doing (see my above post which could show a possible progression in things). I also posted that the other case was also as valid, because EA is probably a little worried about Valve's upcoming console that Origin could be pushed to obscurity should they decide not to act.