By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where are all the Xbox360 people?

well, Japan is a big point against X360 fans, there is no way they can win, just place USA has 199.999 360 sold by march and they will show, oh yes, but they have 10000 for Japan ;). I like the 360, it has good support in my country and also good price for the games, BUT, i know i ll never get Japan-like games :(, i believed i d get it with the GCN last gen, and only got about 3 to 6 games i liked. actually i m going to wait for a year to see how the things move, and also waiting for a price cut, hell, 500 dollars for the Wii is SOOOO expensive and also 1200 for the PS3 is like ... buy a PC, buy a laptop, buy a bike, buy a moto, buy a Digital camera, buy a Video camera, buy a supermegaDVD player, buy a LOT of clothing, buy cool shoes, buy like mmm 20 games etc etc

Around the Network

They are all playing games on their 360. That is where most PS3 people are as well. Meanwhile Wii people are here patting each other on the back and stroking off to the sales data because they realize how shallow Wii sports is and are bored of it and they finished zelda and realize there's shit all else to play on it. LOL, you know it's true!

abcdario said:
well, Japan is a big point against X360 fans, there is no way they can win, just place USA has 199.999 360 sold by march and they will show, oh yes, but they have 10000 for Japan ;). I like the 360, it has good support in my country and also good price for the games, BUT, i know i ll never get Japan-like games :(, i believed i d get it with the GCN last gen, and only got about 3 to 6 games i liked. actually i m going to wait for a year to see how the things move, and also waiting for a price cut, hell, 500 dollars for the Wii is SOOOO expensive and also 1200 for the PS3 is like ... buy a PC, buy a laptop, buy a bike, buy a moto, buy a Digital camera, buy a Video camera, buy a supermegaDVD player, buy a LOT of clothing, buy cool shoes, buy like mmm 20 games etc etc

I still have hope for Japan! sort of...

Well with Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell) apparently rumored to be on the PS3, and other rumours that Lost Odyssey won't come out till Spring, kind of hamper my feeling about this years sell.

But MS will keep throwing money into Japan till something comes out...

So far I think the best 360 game to come out of Japan is Earth Defence Force!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
BenKenobi88 said:
DKII said:
360 fanboys all left back when MS announced 10.4M "sold" (to retailers) by the end of 2006 and this site still had the 360 at about 8M sold to consumers, they just couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that MS had overshipped to meet their goals and there were a couple million 360's sitting on shelves worldwide. So instead of being rational, they denounced the site and ran away. ;)

Sadly that's pretty much the truth.

Yeah, that news pissed off alot of MS fans. But really the only people who couldn't wrap there heads around it where crazed fanboys like Hus...

And the forum is better off without those people.

Yea I wasn't in any way implying that the sane people here had a problem with it, but the fanboys are usually the most vocal so now it just seems like there's none. ;)

there does seem to be an inordinate amount of Wii people here. What's up wit dat?

Around the Network

IMO, tracking 360 sales are the funnest in Japan. Why? MS has nothing to lose, and everything to gain. For example, the 360 sold 43k at this point last year, and 87k thus far this year (not including golden week sales). Last week was the first week out of the 18+ weeks this year that last year sales outpaced this year sales. If those numbers held true, and the 360 saw the 108% lead it has for this year, the 360 would sell 392k units in Japan, and nearly out-sell what the Xbox did it's entire lifespan in 1 year - a very intresting feat for someone like myself :) Why are there lots of Wii people? There are alot of them in real life (we call them N-tards), and Sony fans are in the minority (atleast sales wise, there were millions of em during the PS2 glory years).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The 360 gamers are playing games right now. The 360 has the best game line up right now hands down. I own a 360 and I'm contemplated getting a second job to get all the games that I want this year. Of course....I wouldn't have time to play them then. I only really post when I'm at work. I may post when I get home on occasion but once I clock out for the day, Its gym/gaming/social time for me.

mrstickball said:
Lets discuss Xbox 360, not Wii and PS3, okay? Anyways. I am The Xbox 360's only major true supporter on this page that posts regularly (atleast as far as I know). There are 2 reasons that X360 owners aren't posting alot: #1. There is no real battle going on (sales wise) between the 360 and the other systems. Both the Wii and PS3 have the ability to sell well in every market, and take the lead in terms of global w/w sales. The 360 doesn't have this luxury. No matter how well it sells in the US, and even Europe, it cannot attain the sales that the Wii and PS3 could worldwide. Also, software sales area always solid, but typically great hardware drives great discussion - not software. #2. As a Xbox 360 owner, I enjoy the finest, most well-respected games. The 360 has the best games I've ever seen, and I've been playing for 15+ years. I feel little need to really defend the 360 since I truely love the system. It's not the "hardcore" system most bash it as....Simply try Viva Pinata, Test Drive Unlimited, Dead Rising, The Outfit, EDF 2017, Condemned, ect, ect, ect, ect. It has alot of great varied games that are not multi-port, and are great great games. Games are subjective in terms of what we like and dislike. I like the 360, and like the Wii and PS3 - but to a much less extent. I would also think that the Xbots have little incentive to argue sales and stats...Either they don't care or they obviously would lose on major talking points like Japan.

Hey I'm a 360 fan too!! Of course I do own a Wii also, but I love my 360. I've created a thread about it's status in Japan. I love a ton of it's games. I can't wait to pick up Spidey 3 this weekend for it. and I've been loving Guitar Hero 2 on it, heck I even have two guitars and rocked on with two player using lead and base in there it's awesome. And despite ps3's MGS and FF, and the Wii's Mario and Smash Bros, I honestly think I"m more excited about the 360 for the rest of '07 I simply can't wait to play Mass Effect, Burnout 5, Halo 3, also Blue Dragon and Lost Odyessy look amazing, and I'm really excited about Thesis too(love adventure games.)  I love my Wii and I'm also excited about it's offerings but with the X360 aproaching two years on the market were really getting into some great refined second gen games for it. The Wii still hasn't made full use of online capabilities, or it's games have yet to push it's graphics. Sony's Home isn't up yet, and it'll be a while till it's smooth sailing with tons of content. But Microsoft IS at it's full potential, I'm downloading tons of demos, flying around in Live. It's totally sweet.