By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where are all the Xbox360 people?

I'm an Xbox 360 person, I'm currently playing Call of Duty 3 in the freetime I devote to all things gaming (which includes posting on gaming sites).  I gave the game a chance (played halfway through) and have given up on it, I can't get into it at all and dislike some of the play mechanics.  So now I'm just waiting for Command and Conquer 3 to come out on the 360.  I was kind of disappointed that Mass Effect won't be out until September, it'll be an amazingly busy gaming time this year though (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Assassin's Creed, Huxley, Two Worlds, Too Human, The Darkness, Overlord, Fable 2, Tom Clancy's Endwar, Blue Dragon, Burnout Paradise, Lost Odyssey, Clive Barker's Jericho, Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, Mercenaries 2, Heist, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, and others I'm forgetting.. oops like Forza Motorsport 2).

Around the Network

I havea 360 and I love it! I'll be saying more about it soon when Mass Effect Blue Dragon and Halo 3 come out. Till then I'm enjoying Guitar Hero 2, oh and duh!! Spiderman 3 can't wait for that. I have to get the 360 version over the Wii version the city looks really sweet. Although I'm anxious to rent the Wii version just to check out the controls.

DKII said:
360 fanboys all left back when MS announced 10.4M "sold" (to retailers) by the end of 2006 and this site still had the 360 at about 8M sold to consumers, they just couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that MS had overshipped to meet their goals and there were a couple million 360's sitting on shelves worldwide. So instead of being rational, they denounced the site and ran away. ;)

With the Wii shipped numbers being used as sold, this is a fair complaint, not that it's a reasonable reaction.

RolStoppable said:
Shane said:
DKII said:
360 fanboys all left back when MS announced 10.4M "sold" (to retailers) by the end of 2006 and this site still had the 360 at about 8M sold to consumers, they just couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that MS had overshipped to meet their goals and there were a couple million 360's sitting on shelves worldwide. So instead of being rational, they denounced the site and ran away. ;)

With the Wii shipped numbers being used as sold, this is a fair complaint, not that it's a reasonable reaction.

The Wii sold numbers on the frontpage are the real sold numbers, not shipped numbers. If you are reffering to Nintendo's financial report of 5.84m sold through units, Nintendo was talking about exactly that, sold through numbers to the customers.

Nintendo is the only company of the 3 that actually is talking about sold through numbers and if they refer to shipped numbers, they call them shipped. Last year when Nintendo announced that they sold through 27m DS systems Sony quickly replied that they had already shipped 20m PSP systems. Sony always used shipped numbers to make their numbers look better as does Microsoft.

It's just not true when you say that vgchartz favors the Nintendo Wii with using shipped numbers as sold through numbers. vgchartz uses sold through numbers for all of the systems on the frontpage. 

lol, yeah right... keep putting nintendo on that piedestal of yours. (just ignore me, I'm going back to my away/lurking-status now)

If we look at the Wii numbers for others for 2006, those are shipped, and I believe it continued through Q1 2007 as well. Perhaps this is because of the unrealiability of Euro sales figures, and at the end of the day, it is only maybe 200k units rather than a couple million. Nintendo's figures are shipped, not sold, just like everyone else, which only makes sense because they have no control over the accuracy of third party numbers. Unlike Sony, they do not and never have used the term shipped, but that's exactly what they mean. A quick look at any of their financial reports demonstrates this, but I will give you a for instance. Console sales in Japan for the week ending December 31 are listed as 973,468. Nintendo's units sold in their financial report is 1.14 million.

Around the Network
Shane said:
If we look at the Wii numbers for others for 2006, those are shipped, and I believe it continued through Q1 2007 as well. Perhaps this is because of the unrealiability of Euro sales figures, and at the end of the day, it is only maybe 200k units rather than a couple million. Nintendo's figures are shipped, not sold, just like everyone else, which only makes sense because they have no control over the accuracy of third party numbers. Unlike Sony, they do not and never have used the term shipped, but that's exactly what they mean. A quick look at any of their financial reports demonstrates this, but I will give you a for instance. Console sales in Japan for the week ending December 31 are listed as 973,468. Nintendo's units sold in their financial report is 1.14 million.

Incorrect again

First, the financial report is for the FISCAL year, so ending MARCH 31, not DECEMBER 31

And the front page, is for Sold to customers for all 3 consoles, unless you can supply better numbers.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Lets discuss Xbox 360, not Wii and PS3, okay? Anyways. I am The Xbox 360's only major true supporter on this page that posts regularly (atleast as far as I know). There are 2 reasons that X360 owners aren't posting alot: #1. There is no real battle going on (sales wise) between the 360 and the other systems. Both the Wii and PS3 have the ability to sell well in every market, and take the lead in terms of global w/w sales. The 360 doesn't have this luxury. No matter how well it sells in the US, and even Europe, it cannot attain the sales that the Wii and PS3 could worldwide. Also, software sales area always solid, but typically great hardware drives great discussion - not software. #2. As a Xbox 360 owner, I enjoy the finest, most well-respected games. The 360 has the best games I've ever seen, and I've been playing for 15+ years. I feel little need to really defend the 360 since I truely love the system. It's not the "hardcore" system most bash it as....Simply try Viva Pinata, Test Drive Unlimited, Dead Rising, The Outfit, EDF 2017, Condemned, ect, ect, ect, ect. It has alot of great varied games that are not multi-port, and are great great games. Games are subjective in terms of what we like and dislike. I like the 360, and like the Wii and PS3 - but to a much less extent. I would also think that the Xbots have little incentive to argue sales and stats...Either they don't care or they obviously would lose on major talking points like Japan.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Great rebuttle Stickball, not to mention the LIVE aspect For me, LIVE trumps the Extra "oomph" the PS3 MAY have ANY DAY

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

mrstickball said:
Lets discuss Xbox 360, not Wii and PS3, okay? Anyways. I am The Xbox 360's only major true supporter on this page that posts regularly (atleast as far as I know). There are 2 reasons that X360 owners aren't posting alot: #1. There is no real battle going on (sales wise) between the 360 and the other systems. Both the Wii and PS3 have the ability to sell well in every market, and take the lead in terms of global w/w sales. The 360 doesn't have this luxury. No matter how well it sells in the US, and even Europe, it cannot attain the sales that the Wii and PS3 could worldwide. Also, software sales area always solid, but typically great hardware drives great discussion - not software. #2. As a Xbox 360 owner, I enjoy the finest, most well-respected games. The 360 has the best games I've ever seen, and I've been playing for 15+ years. I feel little need to really defend the 360 since I truely love the system. It's not the "hardcore" system most bash it as....Simply try Viva Pinata, Test Drive Unlimited, Dead Rising, The Outfit, EDF 2017, Condemned, ect, ect, ect, ect. It has alot of great varied games that are not multi-port, and are great great games. Games are subjective in terms of what we like and dislike. I like the 360, and like the Wii and PS3 - but to a much less extent. I would also think that the Xbots have little incentive to argue sales and stats...Either they don't care or they obviously would lose on major talking points like Japan.

hey!

I'm here...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

BenKenobi88 said:
DKII said:

Sadly that's pretty much the truth.

Yeah, that news pissed off alot of MS fans. But really the only people who couldn't wrap there heads around it where crazed fanboys like Hus...

And the forum is better off without those people.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)