Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your favorite game of all time and why

1. Street Fighter Alpha 3
2. FF8
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Dawn of War
5. MGS

Ynwa.

Around the Network

Planescape: Torment. Because no game before or after has ever matched it in terms of storytelling, atmosphere, art direction, writing, and... well... most other things. It's also built upon the best RPG engine ever created.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Probably Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. It was atmospheric, exciting, had terrific gameplay and action, and never felt like a remake.
Honorable mentions: Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda OoT, Super Mario 64/Galaxy, REmake.

I drink your milkshake.

I have so many favorite games, it will be really hard for me to make this list.

1. Donkey Kong Country
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1
6. Goldeneye 64
7. Age of Empires
8. Super Mario World
9. Twisted Metal
10. Crash Bandicoot 2

There are so many other games that I absolutely adore, but these ones all have a special place in my life. There are some wonderful memories I've had with video games.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

my favorite game is the most overlooked and most fun fighting game power stone

honorable mentions to baten kaitos, fable, and prince of persia: sainds of time

Around the Network

kh1-good times, i cant say y it was awesome but it was in so many ways
ffx-a fantastic world
ff9-best characters ever (i want a psp and ff dissidia for zidane)
legend of dragoon-see kh1

best game i expected nothing from would be puzzle quest (havent played portal, so at this point it cant win this category)

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

JBoogie said:

Mine is Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence; soon to be MGS4 Guns of the Patriots.MGS brings such uniqueness to to gaming as well as excellent gameplay and a connecting story and developed characters, all of which continue to evolve with time

I couldnt have put it better myself, friend.

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

Final Fantasy X (i felt emotionally attached to all the characters in that game, and the story was great)

Favorite game as of right now is The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask, it took everything great from Ocarina and put a fresh story on it. That plus the somewhat more dark and mature subtext made it a fantastic game.

Also I'll give honorable mentions to Battalion Wars, truly made you feel like you were conducting a symphony of military brilliance. Also The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap was in my opinion the perfect (classic style) Zelda game.

Super Metroid. It's the only game I have played/beat over 100 times.