By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pixel Junk Monster = better than crack.

Was thinking of going with Flame Towers, for some reason I just figured the Mortar would work well and tried that instead....that's what I get for being dumb I guess

Around the Network

I still haven't found a good use for the hive towers. The stupid bees just fly around where ever and seem to stick in a horizontal area of the screen. Usually where there are no mobs.

But I have to say, the cold towers are pointless and the laser/fire towers absolutely rule.

I find myself using more cannon towers (the arrow towers I've only found good against spiders) When I get a chance, I usually get fire or laser asap.

Oh, btw, I bought it this morning and was playing with a friend all day today :p

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Andir said:
I still haven't found a good use for the hive towers. The stupid bees just fly around where ever and seem to stick in a horizontal area of the screen. Usually where there are no mobs.

But I have to say, the cold towers are pointless and the laser/fire towers absolutely rule.

I find myself using more cannon towers (the arrow towers I've only found good against spiders) When I get a chance, I usually get fire or laser asap.

Oh, btw, I bought it this morning and was playing with a friend all day today :p

fire towers are useless at medium difficulty. ive seen some fire resistant monsters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

looks great :D there was a time when i was addicted to Desktop tower defense
( http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp ) wich is like the same thing i believe :P

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Andir said:

One trick about The Hive towers is that the little bugs follow where you go.  They move everywhere on the map, but they will concentrate on your position more than on other positions.  Putting yourself on the outside of a group of enemies and a Hive tower is how to use it to its full effectiveness.  Once it is to the Black power level, it is THE MOST powerful tower in the game.  The only thing that rivals it in power is the Flame tower in a good position at black.

The reason I like the Hive tower so much is it covers both ground and air.  It isn't necessarily the best when an exorbitant amount of enemies are trying to rush the base, but it is something players of this game should learn how to use effectively.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I don't know, have you even tried crack before?

Aj_habfan said:
I don't know, have you even tried crack before?

No, but this game does prevent me from functioning normally.  I can't say I have stolen any car stereos or anything recently though.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Quick useful List:
Laser Towers - Kill air. Kill air very well. Place where air comes in straight line.
Arrow Towers - The anti Spider, and not much else.
Flame Towers - 3 of them kills any ground unit cept bosses or flame shields.
Mortar - Essentially, a higher range higher damage slower attack cannon.
Hive - Only can build one, but suicidal bees are useful against everything.
Ice - Combine with flame or cannon for best results.
Tesla - Probably useful on hard levels?

There's a medium level where you start with 2000 gold and all tower types (2 players). Lets you test out towers, and is simple as hell to get perfect on.

It was fun, but seems rather lacking at the same time. This is after about 9 hours of two player play. Variety is required to win though, so it's better than most tower defence/maul maps in the regard there's no one tower that eats everything. Plus the alternate paths are cool, aside from when they just walk right outside your cannon line.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Bodhesatva said:
Steve 3.2 said:
Interesting... couldn't this game be done on the Wii? ;)

No, it's clearly a contracted exclusive.

On the other hand, it's just Desktop Tower Defense with a new coat of paint and a few bells and whistles. Play it here, for free!

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp

Even still, I own Pixel Junk Monsters, and I'm not sorry I purchased it at all. Fun stuff, the twists on gameplay are amusing!

My point was that the graphics and game play could easily be done on the Wii... not this specific game.

Anyway, I've enjoyed DTD ever since Totilo called it his game of the year.  In fact, I think I'm going to play another round right now. ;)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Steve 3.2 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Steve 3.2 said:
Interesting... couldn't this game be done on the Wii? ;)

My point was that the graphics and game play could easily be done on the Wii... not this specific game.

Anyway, I've enjoyed DTD ever since Totilo called it his game of the year. In fact, I think I'm going to play another round right now. ;)

The graphics could probably be done on the Sega Saturn.