By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justice is served! MGR first week beat DmC first month!

ethomaz said:

Wright said:

A portable game... never reade about.

You have not answered my question. So this game is a shame because it has Metal Gear too in the title?

It is actually a card game.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Turkish said:
BasilZero said:

Sorry but that difference isnt that huge...not brag worthy xD.

Devil May cry aint the same without this guy (even if he did make the disaster that is DMC2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideaki_Itsuno

Only reason(s) why MGR sold better than DMC was

1. DmC was developed by Ninja Theory (l0l) (the design goes well with this reason)
2. Metal Gear is a bigger series than Devil May Cry.

DmC is my 2nd favourite DMC game, I was really wrong about it, game is great.

Cant judge the game (talking about myself) cause I only saw 1 hr and 29 min of footage on YouTube of all the cutscenes in the game lol. The storyline was ok but there were so many points that would put it below DMC3, I'm planning to get the game but on PC though. Anyways since I CAN judge the storyline since yes I watched...the whole 1 hr and 29 min lol, I'm gonna rate the whole DMC series by storyline like this....

DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4 > DmC > DMC2

As for gameplay I go by

DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC1 > DMC2

Cant wait to play DmC :)

Playing Hack and Slash games for storyline... hahahaha good one mate.

These numbers might change. DmC had a very good 1st week here, then VGChartz decreased them,

These numbers are only an assumption, not the actual sales. And DmC is awesome by the way, playing it +60fps on my PC and can't wait for the Vergil's Downfall. I hope both of these games will sell good and they'll get a sequels.

Wright said:

You have not answered my question. So this game is a shame because it has Metal Gear too in the title?

How I can answer your question if I don't know the game...

Ohhhh it's a Yu-Gi-Oh! game... a shame even worst than Rising.

ethomaz said:
Rafux said:
We all know MGR only sold well because it has Metal Gear on the cover but what is DmC: Devil May Cry excuse for such terrible sales? I mean DMC4 sold close to 3 million with PC sales.

Is justice guys, very few times the better game sold the most when in a close launch.

But DmC is a better game... I'm confuse here.

Take it easy champ, time to relax.

Around the Network
MichiGen said:

These numbers might change. DmC had a very good 1st week here, then VGChartz decreased them,

These numbers are only an assumption, not the actual sales. And DmC is awesome by the way, playing it +60fps on my PC and can't wait for the Vergil's Downfall. I hope both of these games will sell good and they'll get a sequels.

You mean selling worst that DMC4's first week 5 years ago? Yea amazing week specially since Capcom lower their forecast from 2M to 1.2M.

Kojima already said worldwide sales are good and its talking about a sequel already. DmC is dead.

ethomaz said:

Wright said:

How I can answer your question if I don't know the game...

Ohhhh it's a Yu-Gi-Oh! game... a shame even worst than Rising.

And Metal Gear: Ghost Babel is a shame too?

Wright said:
And Metal Gear: Ghost Babel is a shame too?

Oh God... You just list game nobody knows... you understand now nobody will remember about Rising because it's a shame for Metal Gear series... It's like Ghost Bable, Acid, etc... not added nothing to the franchise.

PD. Googling now Ghost Babel

a next gen. sequel of MGR would be awesome.

i feel bad for ninja theory. come back home and finish the heavenly sword trilogy.

Rafux said:

Real gaming won the battle of the hack and slash

Typical internet attitude. The game I prefer is real, and the other one isn't.

Haven't played either, but based on reviews and users comments online, DMC is a great game and MGR good, but not great/quite flawed. So no justice here. Probably just the power of the MG name, plus maybe how cool the whole cutting things looks (I'm buying it at some point cuz it seems awesome and haven't seen anything like it in any game). That doesn't make it the better game.