By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm ready for Microsoft to Pull An Apple

I'd hate if they'd release a new console every year. Besides, for MS to pull an Apple, they would have to make huge profits for their consoles, which would mean, cheap to manufacture consoles that are sold at high prices.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Microsoft:

We are ready to earn this fans $$$...

Sounds like a bad idea.

Look.... Next-gen consoles are 8 years after PS2/Xbox.... and even then we barely get much of an increase in graphics.....

Do you think MS and Sony could release new hardware every year and it would be noticeable? Nope.

Sounds like a terrible idea...why not get a PC instead?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

some folks forgets that such model will not have much of an appeal outside the US and the UK

it could prove to be a strong model but at the same time throwing the towel for world domination

Around the Network

I know im ready. Ive been waiting for this for a while. I expect a $99 model but max would be $199 i think. If they go multimedia with a sub plan ill buy it day 1

Well, bu the time the 720 comes out, in the console ecosystem it'll be called doing an Ouya, not pulling an Apple.

The problem in consoles is that it will be harder to continue to support multiple consoles. There are still lots of people running around with iPhone 3GS, and Apple still sells the 3GS. Unless MS delivers its annual upgrade to every current Xbox owner there would be a lot of people who don't upgrade. Which means making games for slightly different consoles after 2 years and significantly different consoles after 3 years (between v1 and v3)

Also, I'm against the concept of annual hardware replacement with consoles (for Ouya too) because of the massive amount of e-waste it would create if it happened to really catch on.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Yeah, get a PC.
A new console every year would lead to games not being developed for the top thing. Why a new console when you only get games that work on the "old" ones as well. That's why mobile games don't really take off.

Ostro said:
Yeah, get a PC.

but he'd miss out on all those awesome Xbox exclusives.

I wouldn´t like it..it´s one of the few things left that differentiate consoles from PCs, please don´t blur the line completely.