By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm ready for Microsoft to Pull An Apple

I am ready for a console model that is similar to the way cellphones are sold. I'll pay a subscription fee for a boatload of services included xbox live and cable tv with dvr functionality. All I want in exchange is a new console more often. I want Microsoft to increase the power every year or every other year on their console so that you can constantly get a graphics boost when your contract expires and you never really fall far behind pc.  Thoughts?

Around the Network

i'm not interested in a subscription but i definitely would get behind a yearly remodel (with forward/backward compatibility of course) that get's progressively better. i think continuity would be awesome instead of waiting for a "next" gen.

overpriced but underpowered ??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I would definitely love to see Microsoft do this. I want to see something new from them; something that tries to go beyond just more power. It would definitely spice up our industry more, making things more fun to analyze.

so you want to pay for a console over time, then just paying less upfront for one time?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
so you want to pay for a console over time, then just paying less upfront for one time?

You're not really paying for it though..  You would be paying for xbox live and a cable subscription anyways.  But because you're doing all of this with Microsoft you receive a discounted console and can get rid of the need for an extra cable box and dvr device.

Just get a PC then. Also the Smartphone business model is a rip off.

oh, I thought by "pulling an apple" you meant going virtually bankrupt and then bringing Bill back

Lafiel said:
oh, I thought by "pulling an apple" you meant going virtually bankrupt and then bringing Bill back

MS can't collapse. Just on their OS based offerings, they can stay alive till the end of time. Be crippled in offerings is more realistic.

Pesmerga7551 said:
Lafiel said:

MS can't collapse. Just on their OS based offerings, they can stay alive till the end of time. Be crippled in offerings is more realistic.

yea, I don't see MS collapsing any time soon either :)  just having a bit of fun