By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you still buy digital Games for your Playstation 3?

Will you still buy digital Games for your Playstation 3?

Yes 61 55.96%

No 48 44.04%

Total:109

Did "loyal" PSN customers get $10 to compensate them?  If I had to buy my Wii eshop games again i'd be mad.  Now Sony is offering a promo to keep people interested in Playstation store http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Sony-PSN-Credit-bonus-deal,news-16809.html

So are you still going to buy PS3 games from the PS store? What do you think about the $10 incentive program?

Around the Network

I always prefer physical copies, unless they are giving it at no extra cost (PS plus) or it's only available via digital download.

That's a very good question.

Maybe Sony is working on a non-Gaikai fix, but it won't be ready for awhile. People are going to have to hold on to their PS3 for awhile so I don't think it's a big issue unless you need to trade it in for money to buy a PS4. Hopefully if Sony ever finds a way to mass port all those PSN games nobody will have to repurchase them if they bought them on PS3.

yes I will. Its not like im going to instantly stop using my ps3 when ps4 comes out.So all you have to do is keep your ps3 around if you still want to play ps3 games. Also im pretty sure if the ps3 streaming tech comes online you will be able to play your previously purchased digital titles.

What's the difference between buying digital and buying physical? Neither will work on PS4. Heck digital has a better chance of working through Gaikai.

Also no, I did get the money :)

Also they do this type of promo all the time. Why are you putting a negative spin on it?

Around the Network
Corey said:
I always prefer physical copies, unless they are giving it at no extra cost (PS plus) or it's only available via digital download.

I always prefer physical copies too.  Sometimes (rarely) its a good idea to sell or lend your game.  However, I like the convenience of choosing a game from a menu instead of a shelf.  And it makes your system quiet.

yes, my ps3 gaming library is mostly digital

15 downloaded Ps1 games
8 downloaded PS2 games
15 downloaded PS3 games

14 hardcopies

hell, i plan on getting 500g PS3 to continue this :P

HOLY FUCKING CRAP PEOPLE!! you CANT BUY YOUR PSN GAMES AGAIN ON PS4 since they DONT RUN on PS4!!

this negativity is obvious towards sony, its like people are looking for something "bad" to say about the ps4. its either that or people are just extremely ignorant

bananaking21 said:
HOLY FUCKING CRAP PEOPLE!! you CANT BUY YOUR PSN GAMES AGAIN ON PS4 since they DONT RUN on PS4!!

this negativity is obvious towards sony, its like people are looking for something "bad" to say about the ps4. its either that or people are just extremely ignorant

Exactly. I'll buy a PS4 to play PS4 games. If i wanna play ps3 games i'll just push the ps button on the ps3 controller and that's it.

Giving away B/C for a lower PS4 price-tag is worth it.

bananaking21 said:

This, very much this. PSN games are PS3 games that just happen to be sold digitally instead of on disc, and PS4's problem is not being able to read PS3 discs, it's the inability to run the games. It doesn't have PS3 hardware in it to run PS3 games and those two systems are so different that emulation is extremely hard to pull off. In short: PS4 CAN'T RUN PS3 GAMES BECAUSE OF ITS HARDWARE, not because Sony is screwing you. That said, they could easily emulate PS1 and probably even PS2 games.