By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination: Anybody That Wants To Play Together Online(3DS) in Either MK7 or Kid Icarus...

Which LOZ Title are You Purchasing This Year?

Wind Waker HD 130 48.51%

A Link Between Worlds 34 12.69%

Both Games 54 20.15%

I'll Be Purchasing One or Both Next Year 7 2.61%

None for Me 12 4.48%

Total:237
newwil7l said:
tbone51 said:
newwil7l said:
All of the Paper Mario's are taking this poll by control

super mario rpg = best game evaaaa

Wrong. TTYD=best game ever created. What kind of Mario game can you say that you went on a huge treasure hunt, battled an alien race, and save the world from a demonized(possesed) Peach

wat game can you say your parners are your main enemy/your damsel in distress/a cloud prince who thinks he's a frog/a star that rolls up in a bad ass doll, battles power rangers(you kno wat i mean, stops a wedding, goes on a treasure hunt as well , goes to a underworld factory, defeats a giant sword thats alive and the size of a tower, vs a final fantasy villain, and defeats the best final boss in gaming? Yeah take a min to process all that lmao

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
newwil7l said:
tbone51 said:
newwil7l said:

Wrong. TTYD=best game ever created. What kind of Mario game can you say that you went on a huge treasure hunt, battled an alien race, and save the world from a demonized(possesed) Peach

wat game can you say your parners are your main enemy/your damsel in distress/a cloud prince who thinks he's a frog/a star that rolls up in a bad ass doll, battles power rangers(you kno wat i mean, stops a wedding, goes on a treasure hunt as well , goes to a underworld factory, defeats a giant sword thats alive and the size of a tower, vs a final fantasy villain, and defeats the best final boss in gaming? Yeah take a min to process all that lmao

Bowser Inside Story, but it did better than that. Mallow was a wuss, any other partner can kick his arse, Peach was just a healer and Geno, well he is awesome.
Smithy is nowhere near as the best final boss, especially in the Mario RPG series. Fawful/Dark Bowser destroys everything and the atmosphere for Super Dimetio really made him rock. I would say that Smithy is is 3rd place of all the Mario RPG final bosses.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

tbone51 said:
newwil7l said:
tbone51 said:
newwil7l said:

Well I Super Paper Mario you had your main enemy as an ally aswell. Anyways TTYD you saved the world from the Catastrophe in legend. Battled 3 massive dragons one made of bones. Traveled to a pretty tree full of slugs. Hell you even went to a wrestling arena and battled your way to the top. You beat a creap in a sheat, in a land that never sees the sun. Then went and traveled across the seas and got atacked by ghost pirates. You even got to go on a train. Then you went to the moon THE MOON.! Then you went to the Palace of Shadow (aka the underworld of the Mario world) and the final boss is the Devil of the Mario World. The showdown was the darkest mark in Mario history. Oh and don't forget the Possesed Peach and the alien race try to process that.

Super Mario RPG had the deepest plot of any Mario game. Mario fights against an army of invaders modeled after weapons that have no place in the fun-loving Mushroom Kingdom (except the spear, if we count Yoshi's Island).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Super Mario RPG had the deepest plot of any Mario game. Mario fights against an army of invaders modeled after weapons that have no place in the fun-loving Mushroom Kingdom (except the spear, if we count Yoshi's Island).

you get it

Around the Network

Maybe Mario RPG has a better story, I can't debate that since I didn't finish the game, but TTYD definitely has the better gameplay, which is the most important thing. From what I remember, there really wasn't much strategy at all involved in RPG's battles. Just select attack, select a target, repeat until you win. Oh, and ocasionally heal yourself. TTYD had much more strategy n variety involved, such as the differences between hammering n jumping (hammer good against enemies with def but can't hit flyers and can only hit front most enemy, jumps can hit flyers and flip over koopas, but aren't to great against enemies with defense, etc.), how you could change the order of who acts first/takes most of the hits, the many different action commands for each attack making battles less repetitive, and other subtle things that I'm forgetting as I haven't played the game in ages.
Oh, and it had the Pit of 100 Trials, which made for one of the hardest and most skill intensive challenges I've ever seen in a Mario game, which was beating the Pit o' 100 before beating the first chapter. Just thinking about that makes me want to play it again.

Oh, and it looks like TTYD will be running away with this one afterall. :D

Einsam_Delphin said:
Oh, and it looks like TTYD will be running away with this one afterall. :D

if only i could edit that polls #s -__-

Mario & Luigi series has a very small amount of votes. It's a crime that Partners in Time is in the poll, but to each and their own I guess.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

^That would defeat it's purpose!