By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 to use Real ID system - Kotaku

PS4 apparently looks to be using a real ID system, which may be tied to your facebook account. That means you're real name will be viewable within the PS network. Anonymity will be left with this past generation. Hope you're cool with that. http://kotaku.com/5987406/a-small-detail-about-the-playstation-4-could-have-big-implications

Around the Network

They already said you would still keep your PSN tag to use online with people who aren't real life friends.
"We'll keep around the alias and icon used in today's multiplayer matches. These are great to have when anonymity is important."

If that's the case, there will be a lot  of John Smith's registering on Facebook.

I don't mind it actually. If it would cut down on the trash talking and bring a better community than I'm all for it. If peoples real names are out there they'll act a lot different. At least most people. I hope it will be like PSN before the 300 dollar price point. I was so nice back then, then we got all the teenage kids spilling over from live.

t

This guy saw the evil ways of sony before they did it.

Around the Network

I don't have a facebook.

BaldrSkies said:
They already said you would still keep your PSN tag to use online with people who aren't real life friends.
"We'll keep around the alias and icon used in today's multiplayer matches. These are great to have when anonymity is important."

Yeah I remember someone specifically saying you could still use your normal PSN. Facebook is just an option.

"real ID", what the heck does that mean?

Who the hell still uses facebook?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

No, thank you.

This is right in line with Microsoft wanting to scan people's rooms with the Kinect for "advertising" purposes (of which I have no doubt is a motive, but also something probably encouraged by the government to spy on people).

I want to stay away from the Big Brother stuff as much as possible. If I want to be anonoymous, it should be my choice and it should be respected.