By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 to use Real ID system - Kotaku

Howsabout no. And I really don't believe that you'd be forced to show your real name. That's just asking for trouble.
There might be an option to log into PSN using a Facebook account though.

Around the Network

The details aren't clear yet. The basic point: Sony wants your real information tied to your account. That's something they're interested in, a priority for the upcoming generation. They've emphasized "social features" and have been somewhat vague. How it all works is yet to be determined. But one things for sure- Sony would never use any of your personal information for their own financial gain.

That's okay I have a real account and a dummy account. Guess which one I'll connect it with?

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

maxnyc said:
The details aren't clear yet. The basic point it: Sony wants your real information tied to your account. That's something they're interested in. How it works is yet to be determined. But one things for sure- Sony would never use any of your personal information for their own financial gain.

Lol you are starting to sound like there's a conspiracy going on or something.

I think Sony just figures some people would want to use their real info, and some wouldn't. That's why there will be the option for both.

I loved that... all integrated... yeah I want my name in PS4.

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
That's okay I have a real account and a dummy account. Guess which one I'll connect it with?

Do you have a dummy credit card acount as well?

Going toward "read ID" is a better move. We don't need to refer to people as bigbonghitz2421 or terrorkiller09. There is a good chance your friends list can consist of people who already know in real life anyway. Maybe a lack of anonymity will decrease the juvenile nature that plagues the internet...but probably won't.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Going toward "read ID" is a better move. We don't need to refer to people as bigbonghitz2421 or terrorkiller09. There is a good chance your friends list can consist of people who already know in real life anyway. Maybe a lack of anonymity will decrease the juvenile nature that plagues the internet...but probably won't.

This. Eveytime I clean my friend list there are guys I don't know if I can remove or not (some guys is just to play some games online for trophy and not real friends)

BaldrSkies said:
They already said you would still keep your PSN tag to use online with people who aren't real life friends.
"We'll keep around the alias and icon used in today's multiplayer matches. These are great to have when anonymity is important."

BAM!   

...and all you vgcharterz on my friends list better let me look at you real profiles.  it's so hard to keep everyone straight with the current limited profiles.  plus i want to see all your sexy faces.  i'm looking at you badgenoname and mugen.

This is just silly...They already said it's optional.

@kitler: haha 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!