By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My friend got sent preorder email with ps4 and games price.

i doubt the ps4 is going to be £399, especially when microsoft looks to be going down the cheap route, if sony wants the uk to become a playstation territory then i think they should launch at £350 and £399 for the premium sku

Around the Network

Zavvi is usually more expensive, but they are quite a good. I still wouldn't take the £399 price they've set too seriously.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Diogo1034 said:
i doubt the ps4 is going to be £399, especially when microsoft looks to be going down the cheap route, if sony wants the uk to become a playstation territory then i think they should launch at £350 and £399 for the premium sku

But if Sony wanted to price competitively, why did they create such an expensive console? 

I doubt it'll be £400, that's almost the same price as the PS3 at launch.

VGCharters sure have a lot of "friends".

Around the Network
Vengeance1138 said:

Watch Dogs on amazon is the same price as any other game, $60.

Click the ps4 version..it's $99

OT: Placeholder

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

MoHasanie said:
Diogo1034 said:

But if Sony wanted to price competitively, why did they create such an expensive console? 

Thats true, i think they made an expensive console to try keep on equal grounds hardware wise, like if there wasn't the rumor of the next xbox having 8 gb ram i doubt sony would try to match it 

Place holders is what I told him. Sony haven't said anything about prices yet so until they do not to take these to seriously.

Placeholder prices.

Diogo1034 said:
MoHasanie said:
Diogo1034 said:

Thats true, i think they made an expensive console to try keep on equal grounds hardware wise, like if there wasn't the rumor of the next xbox having 8 gb ram i doubt sony would try to match it 

That's true. If I were Sony though, I would have made a less powerful console to allow for the console to actually be profitable, or allow them to price competitively against MS. It would have still sold many units because the playstation brand is still quite strong in Europe and Asia.