Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
gooch_destroyer said:

The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Hi All,

I browsed a few Youtube videos out of interest and I compared the difference between the U.S. and EUROPE/PAL multiplayer of the game. Have a look for yourself.

I used the following Youtube Videos (all credit to them for source):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsSVZDz138

BroKenGaMezHD
17:40  
19:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjuZFw5NoFg

RajmanGamingHD
1:13

U.S. Version

Side-by-side

ND, the questions I would love to be answered:

• Australia has now finally an R18+ rating classification, why has it and all of Europe been censored? (Official word? Germany or something else entirely?)
  • Has the single player been  censored? Japanese players are suggesting it has for them. Has Europe/Oceania's single player been affected as well?
  • Is there a way for there to be a toggle button? tapantaola suggested this in another thread. This will make everyone happy. 

I have already paid for the DLC Season Pass completely oblivious that I bought and was playing a censored version of the game (Joel Edition as well!). I understand that from a gameplay perspective, this doesn't change things too much. But I can't shake the feeling I did not buy the game in its entirety, and not how the developers intended this work of art to be played. 

Please respond!

I got this from the Playstation fourms

I thought ND doesn't have anything to do with this.  Of course they are the ones who have to censor it, but isn't it the countries that require them to?  It's a big difference though.  

Around the Network
pezus said:
I got a Chinese/English version in Thailand and I don't notice any censorship in the SP. I will have to check the MP later. I wonder if it's PAL or not...anyone?

Hey what's your psn id?  I'm gonna add you if you don't mind.

A heads up to everyone who has a powerup rewards card at gs. If you renew it now or soon, they'll send you a coupon for 50% more store trade in credit and a buy 2 get 1 free coupon too. It'll take 1-3 days for them to email it to you though.

BloodyRain said:

A heads up to everyone who has a powerup rewards card at gs. If you renew it now or soon, they'll send you a coupon for 50% more store trade in credit and a buy 2 get 1 free coupon too. It'll take 1-3 days for them to email it to you rhough.

Hmm, that's pretty tempting.  Haven't renewed mine since it ran out a year or so ago.

nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

A heads up to everyone who has a powerup rewards card at gs. If you renew it now or soon, they'll send you a coupon for 50% more store trade in credit and a buy 2 get 1 free coupon too. It'll take 1-3 days for them to email it to you rhough.

Hmm, that's pretty tempting.  Haven't renewed mine since it ran out a year or so ago.

Ya me neither since I didn't give a shit about the card xD. This offer was nice though since once the coupon comes I shall trade in my ps3 and join the ps4 bandwagon.

Around the Network

Just downloaded Battlefield 3, Machiniarium, xcom: enemy unknown, and saints row the third all for free thanks to PS+ That shit is the fucking best.

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

Ya me neither since I didn't give a shit about the card xD. This offer was nice though since once the coupon comes I shall trade in my ps3 and join the ps4 bandwagon.

Yeah you better join the ps4 bandwagon.  I still don't think I'll renew mine since I'll probably buy most of my games off amazon or will go partially digital next gen.

nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

Yeah you better join the ps4 bandwagon.  I still don't think I'll renew mine since I'll probably buy most of my games off amazon or will go partially digital next gen.

Ya then the card would be worthless to you even with the coupons. I was tempted to join the x1 bandwagon until they told me the price. That and they don't have naughty dog.

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:

Ya then the card would be worthless to you even with the coupons. I was tempted to join the x1 bandwagon until they told me the price. That and they don't have naughty dog.

I can't even believe you had X1 as a choice!!  

Well at least they announced a higher price so you can go with ps4.

nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:

I can't even believe you had X1 as a choice!!  

Well at least they announced a higher price so you can go with ps4.

Even if it was the same price, I would prob have gone with ps4 first since the ps has always been my go to console. Though this era, the xbox 360 was first because of sony's absurd pricing.