Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
So what is everyone's stance on gt6? Will you wait for the ps4 version or go with the ps3 for now?

Well, Ideally I'd prefer it on PS4, but it makes much more sense to release it on PS3 at this point. That way I'll have a reason to play two racers on my PS3 and PS4 respectively with DriveClub being a launch title. I don't mind picking up GT6 on PS4 later IF it is a super enhanced edition. That's the sense I'm getting from them.

Has driveclub been announced as a launch title yet?

It seems like all 4 games showed at the February event will be launch titles - or at least the intention is to get them out by then.

DriveClub is a PlayStation 4 launch title

One of the big PlayStation 4 games revealed back in February was the driving simulator DriveClub. Today, developer Evolution Studios confirms that DriveClub will indeed be a PlayStation 4 launch title.

Evolution Studios, the guys behind MotorStorm, actually had DriveClub as a concept 9 years ago. But it was put on the back burner in order to work on the MotorStorm games for the PS3.

The news comes from Evolution founder Matt Southern, they had to wait a bit longer with DriveClub because of technological reasons. In other words, the console hardware at the time wasn’t powerful enough for the kind of detail they wanted in DriveClub. They finally got a powerful machine with the PlayStation 4.

Speaking of PlayStation 4 hardware, Evolution’s Technical Director Scott Kirkland added, “power is just there, on the table, all very accessible right from the outset”. Check out the full interview about DriveClub here.

This certainly isn’t the first time we’ve heard developers praise the PlayStation 4 and its hardware.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/05/driveclub-is-a-playstation-4-launch-title/

Yes! Driveclub looks amazing. So with that huge bl, are you not going to get the ps4 near launch then?

I am unsure. Traditonally, I tend to wait a year. I'm scared when it comes to bugs and kinks that are associated with launch systems. I already put aside 800 USD for the sucker, and I intend on saving more between now and launch, so price is not an issue. I'll decide if I should get it at launch or not, but I don't want to wait too long since the reason my PS3 backlog is huge is because I got it late in the generation (no gaming while I was in undergrad). If not launch then after a 6 month period for sure. I don't think I could wait a whole year

I'll play my PS3 games simultaneously with my PS4 and PSV games. I'm axing the bl one game at a time. I intend on getting a Wii U and 3DS as well, so balance is key.

Wow $800, do you pan on buying every launch game that comes with the ps4 xD

I didn't get the ps3 at launch either, I believe it was 2009 since I got uncharted 2 with it. Its been a long gen though. Not sure if I will be getting any additional consoles besides the ps4 or xbox infinity (still waiting for e3 to choose which one to go with).

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
So what is everyone's stance on gt6? Will you wait for the ps4 version or go with the ps3 for now?

Well, Ideally I'd prefer it on PS4, but it makes much more sense to release it on PS3 at this point. That way I'll have a reason to play two racers on my PS3 and PS4 respectively with DriveClub being a launch title. I don't mind picking up GT6 on PS4 later IF it is a super enhanced edition. That's the sense I'm getting from them.

It seems like all 4 games showed at the February event will be launch titles - or at least the intention is to get them out by then.

Bold:  I was just thinking about this.  Just would seem odd for them to show ps4 exclusives at the ps4 reveal that were not gonna be launch titles.  So I'm hoping they are because I seriously want Second Son to be a launch title.

Yea, the synergistic combination of those 4 games should make the PS4's case for a strong launch. We have 4 very diverse games that hit important gaming areas. Collectively they give the PS4 a 'balanced diet' right out of the gate. My only concern lies with Knack. I hope it catches on and is not overlooked. That aside, those 4 games + superior third party titles (by that I mean superior to current gen and Wii U) should make it very attractive.

Plus, we don't even know what Sony has in store for the PS4 at E3, so for all we know we may get another game or two for the launch/launch window period. I do hope Sony doesn't over do it and stretch themselves too thin. They have great games, but releasing too many in a short space is bad. I hope those 4 are the launch exclusive titles they intend for us to have and later they'll supply us with other exclusives throughout the months, unlike what Nintendo did with the Wii U.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:

DriveClub is a PlayStation 4 launch title

One of the big PlayStation 4 games revealed back in February was the driving simulator DriveClub. Today, developer Evolution Studios confirms that DriveClub will indeed be a PlayStation 4 launch title.

Evolution Studios, the guys behind MotorStorm, actually had DriveClub as a concept 9 years ago. But it was put on the back burner in order to work on the MotorStorm games for the PS3.

The news comes from Evolution founder Matt Southern, they had to wait a bit longer with DriveClub because of technological reasons. In other words, the console hardware at the time wasn’t powerful enough for the kind of detail they wanted in DriveClub. They finally got a powerful machine with the PlayStation 4.

Speaking of PlayStation 4 hardware, Evolution’s Technical Director Scott Kirkland added, “power is just there, on the table, all very accessible right from the outset”. Check out the full interview about DriveClub here.

This certainly isn’t the first time we’ve heard developers praise the PlayStation 4 and its hardware.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/05/driveclub-is-a-playstation-4-launch-title/

Yes! Driveclub looks amazing. So with that huge bl, are you not going to get the ps4 near launch then?

I am unsure. Traditonally, I tend to wait a year. I'm scared when it comes to bugs and kinks that are associated with launch systems. I already put aside 800 USD for the sucker, and I intend on saving more between now and launch, so price is not an issue. I'll decide if I should get it at launch or not, but I don't want to wait too long since the reason my PS3 backlog is huge is because I got it late in the generation (no gaming while I was in undergrad). If not launch then after a 6 month period for sure. I don't think I could wait a whole year

I'll play my PS3 games simultaneously with my PS4 and PSV games. I'm axing the bl one game at a time. I intend on getting a Wii U and 3DS as well, so balance is key.

Wow $800, do you pan on buying every launch game that comes with the ps4 xD

I didn't get the ps3 at launch either, I believe it was 2009 since I got uncharted 2 with it. Its been a long gen though. Not sure if I will be getting any additional consoles besides the ps4 or xbox infinity (still waiting for e3 to choose which one to go with).

haha ... part of that will go towards Vita games and the last few PS3 exclusive titles. I don't intend on getting any cross gen games on PS3, so Watch Dogs and AC4 will be on PS4.

PS4 is my obvious choice. The majority of my friends are on Xbox, but to me, it seems like PS4 and Xbox Infinity will be more like twins than anything else, so exclusives will decide, and I only have interest in one or two Xbox only series. I do like Nintendo games on the other hand, and they seem to be going in a different direction from the PS4/Xbox, so I'll get a Wii U. I skipped the Wii because I was not satisfied with it, but I'm okay with the Wii U. If I had the time I'd get all three, especially since 80% of my friends are on Xbox. Even playing on one system I find I don't have enough time though lol I don't know how I am going to manage more than PS3 + PS4 + PSV.

Weedlab said:
nnodley said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:
Weedlab said:
BloodyRain said:

Bold:  I was just thinking about this.  Just would seem odd for them to show ps4 exclusives at the ps4 reveal that were not gonna be launch titles.  So I'm hoping they are because I seriously want Second Son to be a launch title.

Yea, the synergistic combination of those 4 games should make the PS4's case for a strong launch. We have 4 very diverse games that hit important gaming areas. Collectively they give the PS4 a 'balanced diet' right out of the gate. My only concern lies with Knack. I hope it catches on and is not overlooked. That aside, those 4 games + superior third party titles (by that I mean superior to current gen and Wii U) should make it very attractive.

Plus, we don't even know what Sony has in store for the PS4 at E3, so for all we know we may get another game or two for the launch/launch window period. I do hope Sony doesn't over do it and stretch themselves too thin. They have great games, but releasing too many in a short space is bad. I hope those 4 are the launch exclusive titles they intend for us to have and later they'll supply us with other exclusives throughout the months, unlike what Nintendo did with the Wii U.

I hope Sony comes out in full force at E3.  Easily should be one of the best launch exclusives line up ever for a new console.  They seem to be doing no wrong so far and hope they can stay like this and be back to sony from the ps1 and ps2 era.

Actually there's ~40k left

8 Xbox 360 (X360) 43.93 24.08 1.64 7.59 77.24
9 PlayStation 3 (PS3) 26.63 30.78 9.28 10.51 77.20

With May the 11th in

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:

Actually there's ~40k left

8 Xbox 360 (X360) 43.93 24.08 1.64 7.59 77.24
9 PlayStation 3 (PS3) 26.63 30.78 9.28 10.51 77.20

With May the 11th in

In the global weekly there's still 70-80K difference.

Anyway, I'll ready my finest bottle for the D-day!

Weedlab said:

(no gaming while I was in undergrad).

:-O

I would've hanged myself had I not played games during undergrad. CoD just worked for stress relief!

Vamos Vita!

Game Informer Teases That “Vita Might Have a Surprisingly Big Show at E3″

May 16, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

So far for E3 2013, we know that Sony’s press conference is scheduled for June 10th, with Shahid Ahmad saying that “nobody has forgotten about the Vita” and “I’m sure you will enjoy the show.”

Those two pieces of information come direct from Sony and a Sony employee, but Andrew Reiner, Executive Editor at Game Informer, recently tweeted that it “sounds like Vita might have a surprisingly big show at E3.” He then added that what he meant by “big” was “a fair number of games that I want to check out” and that he is “really looking forward to playing [Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate] on it.” Game Informer is well known for its unusually close relationship with publishers, and often works as a PR-device of sorts teasing games.

PSLS will be out in full force (with possibly a special edition of Morning Wood) at E3 2013, so if the PlayStation Vita does have a big showing, you can expect us to cover everything.

What do you think would make a big showing for the PlayStation Vita at E3? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/05/16/game-informer-teases-that-vita-might-have-a-surprisingly-big-show-at-e3/

Looks like MGS legacy collection will be 50 USD. Good deal imo

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/05/16/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-only-49-99-on-amazon-given-july-9th-release-date/

Very first GT6 gameplay: