By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EGM mocks Endless Ocean - instead of reviewing it

That really stupid and ignorant. I wonder how long they played the game for.

Around the Network

twesterm, Hayley Westenra = MINE!!

lol (your signature) It's too bad I won't be able to see her at the Celtic Woman concert in February. She's busy touring New Zealand, Australia and the UK at this time. My friend was able to see her again this past March, and she even had lunch with her one time many years ago (I mentioned it in a Celtic Woman thread I made). I'm totally pissed I can't buy her import CDs off iTunes :( You should listen to more of her music if you want to. I even made a screensaver of her photographs, like the ones on that YouTube video on your sig. In fact, I have a Hayley Westenra desktop background currently on my laptop. :P

OT: I liked it when EGM mocked the PS3 in the December 2006 issue and chose the Wii instead (I think it was EGM, I forget). They just stabbed my liking for this game. I L-O-V-E marine biology and had to have this game. And when I heard that Hayley Westenra's music was in it, that just made me want it more (I named my character on Endless Ocean "Hayley").

ok, it appears that I will not be able to read a decent review on this game. Would this game work as a rental? Or is worth a purchase(for me to purchase a game has to give me at least 40 hours of play... that includes first time throught, second and whatever I play it)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Naraku_Diabolos said:

twesterm, Hayley Westenra = MINE!!

lol (your signature) It's too bad I won't be able to see her at the Celtic Woman concert in February. She's busy touring New Zealand, Australia and the UK at this time. My friend was able to see her again this past March, and she even had lunch with her one time many years ago (I mentioned it in a Celtic Woman thread I made). I'm totally pissed I can't buy her import CDs off iTunes :( You should listen to more of her music if you want to. I even made a screensaver of her photographs, like the ones on that YouTube video on your sig. In fact, I have a Hayley Westenra desktop background currently on my laptop. :P

Hayley = win.

I'm a little angry I can't get her import CD's either without paying an insane amount of money but I have most of her songs anyways. There are a few I don't have but I'm not too upset about missing those ones.

And when was there a Celtic Women thread? I saw no such thread. Kind of funny this comes up though since I just watched one of their DVD's today...yeah, I'm a loser.

I just bought the game, and I enjoy it. It's not really playing a "game" game, it's something different. It's very relaxing, kind of like a much bigger fl0w (which I also have).

I think I am looking forward to Afrika more though, as it probably will be even bigger, but for $30 this game ain't bad at all.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
It does seem pretty lame to me...looks nice and it might be interesting to explore...but poking random fish? No real danger from dangerous fish? Eh. Not realistic enough then.

But I'm not gonna force my opinion on others...it deserves fair reviews.

Realism is a major concern for you? And you play stuff like TF2/Half Life etc? :p

"Game," according to the dictionary(s) I've read: an interactive amusement or pastime. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/game

Objectives, danger, and endings are not necessary attributes to be defined as a "game." In essence, people who think games do require endings/danger are just making a definition of the word up to suit themselves.

The argument is so absurd, so poor, that really the only other time I've seen it used is with racism. When the US was young, we enslaved and disenfranchised black people. How could we do this, when our Declaration of Independance specifically gave everyone inalienable rights? When every human was, by definition, free to pursue life, happiness, and the pursuit of property?

Simple -- just say that black people are non-people (this was seriously the solution -- every black person was counted as 2/3 of a person when a slave master voted in electoral happenings).

I know, I know, it seems extreme, but it's the only other example similar to this I can even think of -- if you don't like reality, just redefine all the words to your liking until reality fits your perception.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14874

That's the thread, twesterm. Soriku said that the group was 'bleh' lol

I'm going to keep playing Endless Ocean, though. Not bored of it one bit. I still play Pokemon D/P a lot (355 hours and only 4 badges lmao; that's on Diamond, though, but I hacked 493 Pokemon for the National Dex just for the heck of it), and I'm not bored of it either.

EDIT: Oh, and I made a FFXI character after Hayley too. I plan on using her as a static character, and her main jobs will be Bard and Dancer once I find the time.

bigjon said:

I think that tradtional gamer magazines should not be rating casual type games. No. 1 the people who buy them don't read the gamer magazines.

you are very wrong here; u need to stop viewing the industry through your own eyes

many gamers bought endless ocean...lots on ign boards that play all sorts of 'hardcore' games and read the gaming sites daily and gaming magazines bought endless ocean and have enjoyed it

every game doesn't have to fit into some sort of articifical mold

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

The reviewer sounds like a 13 year old boy who loves his FPS, HeadShot Noob etc. It may be ok on a Internet message board, but he writes for mag, ppl pay money to buy and thats the best he can do?
I love traditional games, but the thing is we have played them all before, they just get prettier and more complex. So I really enjoy games that bring a new experience, such as Endless Ocean, Trauma Center, Harvest Moon.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

This game looks more like a simulation. It's definitely a video game, but while it's best aspect is meant to be soothing, it lacks heavily in the excitement and imagination department.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*