By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony VP: “PlayStation 4 will have the strongest launch line-up we’ve ever had”

theprof00 said:
This is a mistake.
You want to stagger releases, not blow your load early!

Wrong. Make the PS4 the console for people to get on early, and recommend their friends. This happens from the early onset. People make their decisions quickly. Sony seems smart if they are putting it all on the line early. They want to own this generation, and not let MS have any glory like they had in the PS3/360 gen. Great launch window, and game library make the PS4 the console to own. That is how Sony looks at it. And add price if it's at 400/500 bucks (depending on bundle).

Around the Network

having killzone alone makes this the best launch lineup ever for me

Sparks said:
mjk45 said:
Sparks said:
RolStoppable said:
I very much doubt it. Previous launches set the bar incredibly high.

FACETIOUS is his middle name .

Not a Ridge Racer fan I take it?

Not since the PS1 and rage racer , but my comment was about Rol and the type of posting he is known for , he can be serious sometimes and that adds to the effect , because he tends to be subtle and generally picks his mark .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Sparks said:
mjk45 said:
Sparks said:
RolStoppable said:
I very much doubt it. Previous launches set the bar incredibly high.

FACETIOUS is his middle name .

Not a Ridge Racer fan I take it?

Not since the PS1 and rage racer , but my comment was about Rol and the type of posting he is known for , he can be serious sometimes and that adds to the effect , because he tends to be subtle and generally picks his mark .

Oh, you mean he was kidding? You're right, that was rather subtle. This guys seems cool. I wonder if he even lifts.

At launch I think SOny wil have 5-6 first party games in total. But not all will be available on the 3 regions at the same time.

US: Killzone, Infamous, Knack.
EU: Killzone, Infamous,Drive Club
JP: japanese franchise 1, Japanese franchise 2, knack

Around the Network

Well that's not really saying much. Launch line-ups aren't usually impressive, but the ones for Playstation's are the worst in industry history. Hopefully they're aiming a lot higher than that ...

The Witness looks like a game that will be critically acclaimed.

Reviewers are going to love that game. It's made by the creators of Braid, which also got great reviews.

Of course they say that. I can't remember ANY company not saying that at launch. Seriously, who's going to say

"Eh. We're going to phone the launch in."

Heavenly_King said:
At launch I think SOny wil have 5-6 first party games in total. But not all will be available on the 3 regions at the same time.

US: Killzone, Infamous, Knack.
EU: Killzone, Infamous,Drive Club
JP: japanese franchise 1, Japanese franchise 2, knack

Why wouldn't they all be localized?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Please don't let Infamous SS be staggered within the launch window, its the system seller for me. I still want Killzone SF, too but I want Infamous more.

I know its been normally done that way, but does the launch really need to be staggered? I remember Vita having maybe one of the most solid launches, but Sony attempted to stagger the releases and everyone screamed "Slow to release" and "No GAEMZ!".

It might not be so bad to just explode as soon as you launch with several big hitters. This would encourage right off the bat early adopters who are fans of certain franchises to just jump in. If the fans have to wait for their games of choice to hit months later it will slow down the sales, giving an impression of not doing so well, which in turn will scare off early adopters as they will hesitate.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)