By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ea finally gets it, "We Need Cell Processor"

johnsobas said:
lol, no they just realized what demographics are on each system. Most of those games are gonna end up being multi-platform anyway.

Exactly right.  EA aren't stupid, although they made miscalculation in not supporting the Wii more at the beginning.  What they will do now is put FPS games on 360/PS3 first, where the FPS fans are, and games like Harry Potter will concentrate on Wii, where it is more suited.  EA always makes games for virtually every platform (the notable exception was Dreamcast), but they realize that there are two categories of home consoles out there right now and they need to tailor their games accordingly...which is why they've set up a Wii-specific studio.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
EA's always been a multi-platform developer...if your point is that EA is finally going pro-PS3, then you're wrong because they've always been pro-money on all platforms.

What EA care about is the money. If one console sells dramatically better then the others, it does not mean the others will be ignored, it will probably mean that the other ones are ports of the main version. However, now, they might have decided to take PS3  as  the lead and port from that. Of course, Wii is a completely different issue.

When was the last time EA released an exclusive console game? 

add me

ssx blur

EA wants money just like all companies, of course.

EA will support all systems until they start losing money on one of them. And since they can develope a game for PS3/360/PC at the same time to minimize costs, and another game for Wii which will cost less to begin with, they will likely support all systems the entire gen no matter what.

Hus said:
http://www.ps3.net/newsboard/view.php?id=743

EA will develop different genres of games for each system, using each of their strengths.
we make crappy games, and put it on more consoles so more people can buy it.

"Something like Harry Potter is a very clear candidate to lead on the Wii," offered Florin.
The Wii is made for children, so children will buy more children games here.

"Shooters like Medal of Honor, Black, we will clearly concentrate on PlayStation 3 because we need Cell processor power."
The Playstation3 has amazing power, and games will look amazing on it.

"Then we've got more strategic, online-orientated games that we concentrate more on 360," he added.
If they dont get tons of online features... They wont buy it!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Hus said:
Pk9394 said:

always thought shooter need GPU power more than cpu power

Show me a game that show off Cell's potential and I'll believe it, tired of this cell pontential agrument.

LAIR

You must have missed many of factor5 comments.

I would say heavenly Sword, becuase of the sheer number of things on screen at any given time.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

yeah the only way to lose support from EA is to make better football games then them,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMC 4 is the perfect game to show off Cell potential, that game had more development time than the other version.  if it dont show significant improvement over the other version then its safe to say the cell pontential is just hype

Hus said:
BenKenobi88 said:
EA's always been a multi-platform developer...if your point is that EA is finally going pro-PS3, then you're wrong because they've always been pro-money on all platforms.

point is they understand Cells superiority and what games its best suiter for.  idiots at ubisoft have yet to figure it out.

After they get suck sales, they'll realize they need to port the game to Wii again

Deegan said:
Hus said:
BenKenobi88 said:

point is they understand Cells superiority and what games its best suiter for. idiots at ubisoft have yet to figure it out.

After they get suck sales, they'll realize they need to port the game to Wii again

No, I think they'll just port it to PS2 (Mercs)

I think ubisoft are still trying to work out how to use it, I want my RSV and GRAW 2 action right now 

add me