By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square's Ian Livingstone talks next-gen; hints at always-on, used game-blocking Xbox

Chark said:
J_Allard said:
lol I own and use a PS3.

Yeah, but exclusively? Would those features taint any network advantages Xbox might have or do you expect them to be fully on par, well aside from varied features.

Nah I don't really care about network features if it plays no used games.

Not playing the used games themselves is not that big a deal, but then that means no borrowing games, no renting games. **** that.

Around the Network

As if they would alienate retailers and consumers by doing this. Microsoft isn't run by idiots...

Tbf I think alot of you lot saying you won't buy it wouldn't anyway. I think the only real issue here is game shops not stocking the system. I wouldn't I pc I was a retailer. Why should I? I would maybe only get new releases in for the money but nothing else

toadslayer72 said:
Yeah, I NEVER buy used games.

Okay, but what about selling your games, borrowing and lending among friends or giving them away?

Chark said:
toadslayer72 said:

Lol, dance around. There just seems to be so much energy put into these rumors, I guess I just look at these things differently and I don't get the being worried thing.

Well it is worrying to everyone almost, if not for the used game purchasers but to those who see a big support crash if they go that route. Sorry though, I'm a little on edge today.

No worries.

I think that if MS takes this route, they would already have anticipated the backlash. If they do this, they must be counting on some other big thing.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
toadslayer72 said:
Yeah, I NEVER buy used games.

Okay, but what about selling your games, borrowing and lending among friends or giving them away?

That would be a no on all counts. My friends buy their own games and I don't borrow theirs. I realize that I'm probably in the minority though.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

This will put peoples jobs at risks as well as stores not selling the 720.

Just read the Diablo 3 news. It is kind of funny. Here we have rumors of Next Box requiring always online and we have PS4 allowing offline play on always online games.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

The only reason I feel there is a shred of truth to this is that the PS4 rumors all came true. So, there's a good chance MS is at least thinking about implementing these features. For their sake, I hope they change their mind. If they don't, they have already lost.

naruball said:
Even if that's true, can't Ms change that if they see that gamers don't respond well to it? I think the more people express their opinion against this online, the more likely it is that ms will change their minds. I think rumours are a good strategy to see how consumers react/respond to an idea, especially when it comes to hardcore gamers who frequent gaming sites.

Well yeah they planned it or not,things like this can always change