By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Beware MS as much as you can

We need to hand it to MS since they did many things right.

- They launched Xbox 360 in time; good timing to steal enough market share to push it over. If 360 had not been shipped a year earlier, it would never stand a chance against PS3. MS already lost Europe and Japan, and the primary support came from US Gamers, who were directly addressed by an American Company, rather than a distant Japanese one, who acted too little too late, and whose priority audience were just not Americans

- They were affordable at different price points unlike the Cocky Sony, who demanded a second job!

- Their development tools were much better, and the system was way more approachable.

- They had deep pockets for huge amounts of marketing.

- They were pretty successful at convincing game developers for the credibility and reliability of the platform.

etc...

But I do hate Microsoft on so many accounts, that's true! I have supported Xbox efforts because I had detested the new PS3 (up until the release of the redesigned slim model) but now that the playing field is leveled up, lets come to our regular senses.

Microsoft is a soulless M3 (Money Making Machine). They do not respect anyone, they do not love or hate anyone, and they only care about your money. That's normal but they also have no style, no taste, no character, no principle, no "nothing"....

They are in the
-console business
-tablet platform
-smartphone platform
etc..

all because they are trying to sustain their "desktop / business hegemony", that's all. If there were no playstation, there would be no xbox! No iphone and android would mean no windows Phone! (please don't tell me about the half baked windows mobile! They were never serious about those endeavors!)

I abstain from using MS products, save Windows XP and Office XP because

The minute they release a new product, they retain zero loyalty to their all customers!  I am still using Windows XP, and I get practically zero support from any MS Products (Direct X, Sky Drive, Int. Explorer etc are all gone) while almost everybody else still fully supports it. When their arch rivals support their legacy platform but they don't, you get to understand that there is something f...ed about those bast.rds....

I strongly urge you to avoid all MS products at any cost. I never bought one single MS Product in my life, except for those that came BUNDLED with the system (Windows XP and Office XP and prior). Hewlet Packard is another as$hole, which is a different story, but the vast majority of about "How slow those netbooks / laptops are" actually are nothing but a product of MS and firms like HP.

My friend's netbook was unbearably slow and laggy, for example. It had 3 main problems:
a) It had Windows 7 starter, possibly the worst OS for a netbook today
b) It had tons of HP and MS bloatware
c) It was swarming with useless junk and malware

after a good 8 hours of cleaning all this, it was much faster, at least bearably so, not bad for a windows system. Then I went ahead and installed Puppy Linux as a dual boot, and oh my goodness! My friend couldn't thank me enough and didn't believe HOW NINJA FAST the computer became! I told him that it was the FUC.ING WINDOWS that kept the system in its knees, due to its bloat and all those extra processes that have to run for security etc.

In a sentence, try to beware MS as much as you can.

-this post was moderated by amp316

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network

Just...

YEAH GUYS BEWARE MS FOR NOT SUPPORTING A 10 YEAR OLD OPERATING SYSTEM! We should probably beware Sony in that case too because I haven't received any support for my PS1 in ages.

Microsoft is an evil business that only wants your money.

Sony is a nice fluffy corporation that only wants to make you happy. They donate all the money they charge you to kitten orphanages.

Both Sony and M$ are soulless moneymaking machines... one just fails at making money XD.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Both Sony and M$ are soulless moneymaking machines... one just fails at making money XD.

LMFAO. You win best post of the week.

Firstly, let me say that I hate Windows as much as the next guy, but you're really comparing Puppy Linux to Windows 7? Try running Unity, Gnome Shell, or even the newly release "Pantheon" on your friend's netbook; I'd like to see how that works out for you.

Secondly, most bloatware is put in there by the manufacturers, not M$. It's kinda like how Samsung's phones are slowed down by all that atrocious, unneeded software when Google's devices are smooth as butter and bloat free.

Thirdly, M$ is a business, just like Sony, and just like Nintendo. Their #1 goal is making money, and the only reason they do anything good for their consumers at all is because a satisfied customer will continue to fork over those precious benjamins.

Oh, and they got style, alright. WP7/8 has got to be the most "stylish" of all the phone OS's.

RolStoppable said:
I hate Microsoft with a passion and I'd love to hurt them, but what am I supposed to do when I never bought one of their products?

Please help.

You've never bought a Microsoft product? I don't believe you!