By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which movie SCARES you the most?

I know this is a tough one...

I'll say some flicks that still freak me out...(in no particular order)

The Thing, Session 9, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Hostel...

But hands down the worst was seeing the Blair Witch Project for the very first time.

I saw it in the theater and I thought it was REAL footage. Does anyone remember that marketing they used when it first hit theaters?

I saw Blair in theaters and with the trailers I had seen on TV, I thought it was a "real" documentary movie with "real" ghost footage or something, so I went with an open mind.

They were doing some pioneering Internet mearketing too, with a fake website that made it look like it might have been real.  It was weird! I left the theater very confused and scared to the core. That night I went home and watched some late night TV and saw one of the cast members on Conan or Leno or whatever and I felt I could breathe again.

I thought that was real and the sudden ending...you have to admit with that mindset and not knowing what I was watching, it totally FREAKED ME OUT more than any horror movie I've ever seen. And I've seen a bunch of horror movies...

What are your favorite horror movies or movie moments?

Around the Network

I agree with the blair witch project the whole website and backround story behind it was simply amazing

young frankenstien - scared the hell out of me lol

movies don't scare me anymore. unless the movie has chucky in it......

Mulholland Drive. Specifically, the scene behind the diner.

Watch it and you'll understand. To get rid of this horrible feeling...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Brewha said:

But hands down the worst was seeing the Blair Witch Project for the very first time. 

OMG, fur realz. The ending had me scared for some time. No other movie has done that.

jeepers creapers annd fear.com

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
jeepers creapers annd fear.com

the only thing scary about those movies is how bad they are.

i've never seen blair witch. will one day :)

Garcian Smith said:
Mulholland Drive. Specifically, the scene behind the diner.

Watch it and you'll understand. To get rid of this horrible feeling...

Have you seen some other David Lynch movies? Some of them are far scarier than that scene, even when they don't use physical violence. Lost Highway and Inland Empire, for example.

The end scene of Inland Empire is especially scary, I had goosebumps for a few hours after watching it.

While we're talking about David Lynch, the last episode of Twin Peaks is also freaking scary (the part in the Black Lodge). I wonder if anyone else on this forum has seen it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

When I was really little, It scared the crap out of me.

But nowadays, the only thing that gives me the willies is the newest Exorcist movie. Honestly that was the only movie I was and am afraid of. Try watching that and walking home at night alone.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!