By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These forums will be hilarious if Next Xbox is more powerful than PS4

Would the meltdowns be epic?

Yes 237 59.25%

No 107 26.75%

Maybe 53 13.25%

Total:397
pokoko said:
Why? Would that make 8GB of GDDR5 RAM less filled with rammy goodness? Would Killzone:S suddenly look worse than it did the day before?

Honestly, I can't imagine the difference will be meaningful either way. Uncharted 4-6 will look fantastic. Halo 5-7 will look fantastic. Third-party games will probably be identical.

The only difference would be that the 720 would become the new focus of all the "PC LOOKS BETTER" threads.

Because you are looking at this rationally.

I have litteraly seen people in this forum saying the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM alone will cause the PS4 to crush the next Xbox.  It woukd just funny to see the reactions if the tables turned.  We are at the start of a new gen so no matter what there are epic meltdowns coming

Around the Network

It won't, sources that were right about the PS4 will be right about 720. The 720 is a multimedia box with

JayWood2010 said:
The thing about the RAM that people arent realizing is that it is SHARED MEMORY. at least 2 GB is going to the OS and then 2-4 GB will be going to the GPU. People are ignoring that though.

So 2GB is just going to be sitting there? 2GB for the OS is possible, but it wouldn't be set in stone. Other "rumours" indicate the memory is very flexible and that the OS is simple and efficient, allowing resources to be sharred with game demand, hence unified.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

i expect hilarity but more in the realm of step 1) ms releases specs 2) fans argue back and forth each claiming superiority.

in the end it wont matter. xbox will be "on par" with ps4.

It won't, sources that were right about the PS4 will be mostly right about 720.

Around the Network

I'm a Sony fan and I really don't care. PS4 is a big leap is what that presentation showed me and the RAM in it will ensure quick app switching, boot up time, and loading times along with bigger environments and 1080p gaming. I buy Sony systems because they have the best first party stable in the industry. I'm buying it for SSM, GG, ND, SP, QD, Polyphony, PSN games, Evolution, free online (for basics and awesome game giveaways with plus), and hardcore gamer catering. This is what Sony has repeatedly emphasized even when recently a news reporter kept asking Tretton if there were enough hardcores to support them and he basically said that there were and that he hopes to convert those cell phone gamers to hardcore ones because PS4 will offer such a rich experience. Given my experience with their last 3 home consoles I'm inclined to believe him.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

kitler53 said:
i expect hilarity but more in the realm of step 1) ms releases specs 2) fans argue back and forth each claiming superiority.

in the end it wont matter. xbox will be "on par" with ps4.

Yeah I 100% agree.  Both consoles will be very close in power next gen either way.  Regardless it would make for some fun times on Vgchartz 

RolStoppable said:
Personally, I am more looking forward to a mandatory paid online service on the PS4.

That would be a big one!

I would be disappointed honestly, unless they add something so good that would justify it and that is unlikely.

OT: Yeah it would be really funny.

Slimebeast said:
Deyon said:
Slimebeast said:
Yes, it would be hilarious but sadly the Xbox 720 will be much weaker than the PS4.

How do you know?

Leaked info about X720 devkits.

Even if those DevKits are real, Sony's Devkits for PS4 only had 4GB of Ram, and Sony upped it right before they showed the PS4. Microsoft could easily do the same, not just for RAM.

Chark said:
JayWood2010 said:
The thing about the RAM that people arent realizing is that it is SHARED MEMORY. at least 2 GB is going to the OS and then 2-4 GB will be going to the GPU. People are ignoring that though.

So 2GB is just going to be sitting there? 2GB for the OS is possible, but it wouldn't be set in stone. Other "rumours" indicate the memory is very flexible and that the OS is simple and efficient, allowing resources to be sharred with game demand, hence unified.

Do you know anything about hardware?  If not dont talk to me about it.  The OS is pretty much tied in with gaming now so itll likely be using at least 2gb at all times for the OS and like i said it is also sharing memory with the GPU.

It was a beautiful PR move at the sony conference because people dont know much about hardware.  As soon as someone said 8GB of RAM everybody is like !!!!!!  But in reality it isn't as good as it sounds.  Still though, if it is using 2-4gb of RAM Memory then that is up to 8x better the the PS3 which was using 256MB of RAM.