By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo & monolith

This is what Nintendo has done in the past as well. Find small 3rd party devs and make them second party, buying a large stake in the company as well. Then developing that company into hopefully a top notch dev for them.

And if it doesnt work out they sell the dev to MS for a huge profit.

Around the Network

i guess there's no way to find out just how much they paid for them.

either nintendo is bargain hunting or they like something they see in day of crisis.  or just going with buying more JRPGs.

maybe the next earnings release somebody will ask them a question about them.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Well, we can get a basic idea of the price if we can find out the price of Monolith's shares and the number of shares they have.   (My knowledge of the stock market is rusty, so please forgive my terminology)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I very much doubt that Xenosaga will be what Nintendo gets monolith to create, they will be making something different, perhaps a nintendo IP or perhaps a completely new IP.

Baten Kaitos was fucking spectacular and I don't care what anyone says I loved that game, I love humans with angel wings :)

Hus the internal problems are simply with Xenosaga and honestly I don't care if the series continues, and using Xeno to go up against Final Fantasy was stupid in the first place... it made me happy though :) Love my JRPGs.

I bet a BILLION DOLLARS that Ninty spent less on Monolith than MS spent on Rare!

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

If Monolith started a joint large-scale Wii RPG project with Intelligent Systems..... *mega-drool*

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Oh, i thought this was monolith studios, the ones that made the fear games. my bad edit;so now nitendo has another good rpg developer. maybe they will bring another mario rpg or another console pokemon

Zombie thread!

Former something....

can you add links to the reviews plz

i reckon we will see thier RPG at nintendos october conference

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia