By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 specs aren't final!

Also you're manipulative to say stocks went down. The day before and of the conference stock rose due to "hype." Afterwards it went back to normal.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Yeah no. Sorry bud.

well Sony pulled that back in 2005 once...it isn't far fetched if you see what the RAM actually costs

Devs would tear them apart if they changed anything major in the hardware by now.

JoeTheBro said:

Also you're manipulative to say stocks went down. The day before and of the conference stock rose due to "hype." Afterwards it went back to normal.

I'm not manipulating anything... I just brought you the messages. Don't shoot the messenger!

PS4 will have 8GB of GDDR5 RAM. Deal with it people :D

Around the Network
hivycox said:
JoeTheBro said:
Yeah no. Sorry bud.

well Sony pulled that back in 2005 once...it isn't far fetched if you see what the RAM actually costs

Yeah you're too obvious.

hivycox said:
LemonSlice said:
They pretty much released a list of all the specs. They're final.

Then why would Tretton come out and say otherwise?? This doesn't make any sense...maybe they are aware that a console with 8 gig GDDR5 would cost too much...look at their stock! They are investors who are afraid of the ps4 to be the ps3 all over again!

And by too obvious I mean you're obviously only wanting the best for Sony!

the fear for wii u third party support strong in this thread is

They're probabbly talking about things like how much GB of HDD to include or how many USB slots (2.0 or 3.0 or both).

as long as they don't do shit like "PS4 will be 300 USD! YEAH! No HDD included and the HDD is 200 USD each! WOOHOO!" then I think they'll be fine, basically, as long as they don't pull another Vita.

The ram is not the only thing vital to change, there are many other components that are under development. Why would people think that the Ram is going to change when they already publicly promised it. Breaking a promise would only hurt them, and they are out to improve their image with developers and possibly gamers.

The only thing I can see from this announcement is that they wish to tell their competition that they can still modify their console to be competitive with any changes in technology and trends. So Microsoft better watch what they reveal because Sony can come up with some way to "fight" against it. (It did say that the company is at war)