By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSV 40m sold lifetime at minumum prediction

WagnerPaiva said:
1-If the PS4 suceeds: 60 million, because of cloud-gaikai-ps4-stream integration with vita.
2-If the PS4 fails: 20 million and SONY goes bankrupcy.
3-If Aliens invade the Earth: Everybody is dead, also, 15 million.

I don't see how, even with remote play, PS4's life will affect Vita's all that much.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I don't see how, even with remote play, PS4's life will affect Vita's all that much.

If it works mate, only if it works for all titles. They said it will work with everything. I think: everyone who has a Vita will use the feature when it is bedtime, to play a little more, or when the tv is ocuppied. It will be like, 10 million people.

Then this people tell their friends, they get full envy and rage, and buy a Vita. Another 10 million.

The process repeat itself through the years, getting to the 60 million.

However, if the PS4 fails, the Vita will get probably 10-15 million lifetime in my humble opinion. =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
NintendoPie said:

If it works mate, only if it works for all titles. They said it will work with everything. I think: everyone who ha a Vita will use the feature when it is bedtime, to play a little more, or when the tv is ocuppied. It will be like, 10 million people.

Then this people tell their friends, they get full envy and rage, and buy a Vita. Another 10 million.

The process repeat itseld through the years, getting to the 60 million.

However, if the PS4 fails, the Vita will get probably 10-15 million lifetime in my humble opinion. =D

PS4 will do very good infact fantastic imo, Vita being a controller is a nice feature but it wont sell 60mil, And the people who have already boughten a vita will use this thats it. Nobody is gonna spend $250(most likely $200 by that time) just for a controller after they paid $400-$550 for a ps4. I mean would someone spend $200+memory cost for a bonus feature or buy 4 games?(also more dualshock4 controllers/accessories/etc). Just saying as much as it is a very nice touch, Wii U has that down pack.

Big Update: Adjustments puts vita at 5.1m. 35m more to go for my prediction to be correct.

Your prediction assumes that it never takes off. Which i still see it selling upwards of 70 million. Even with the slow start. People though the same thing about the ps3 in the first years of it's life. But look at it now, it may end up being number one this gen. PS3 also proves that a consoles start has nothing to do with it's finish. E3 is coming up and game informer has stated the PSV will have a large section of the show. A price cut to match the 3DS could double it sales over night. I keep saying this, but if Sony wants to really kick start the vita, all they need is a companion app for GT6 that allows you to use the vita as a speed and tachometer. Die hard GT fans are nuts, spending thousands on their rigs. So far I have about 500 in mine, when i'm done i'll have about two G's tied up in it and I'll buy a second vita just for my rig.

Around the Network

If the VITA gets a price drop in all markets and/or can stream games through the PS4, I predict 80 million lifetime. I also predict me actually getting one if the latter occurs.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
If the VITA gets a price drop in all markets and/or can stream games through the PS4, I predict 80 million lifetime. I also predict me actually getting one if the latter occurs.

Get ready to pulll out your wallet then. :)

Mmmfishtacos said:
adriane23 said:

Get ready to pulll out your wallet then. :)

My wallet is ready.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Your prediction assumes that it never takes off. Which i still see it selling upwards of 70 million. Even with the slow start. People though the same thing about the ps3 in the first years of it's life. But look at it now, it may end up being number one this gen. PS3 also proves that a consoles start has nothing to do with it's finish. E3 is coming up and game informer has stated the PSV will have a large section of the show. A price cut to match the 3DS could double it sales over night. I keep saying this, but if Sony wants to really kick start the vita, all they need is a companion app for GT6 that allows you to use the vita as a speed and tachometer. Die hard GT fans are nuts, spending thousands on their rigs. So far I have about 500 in mine, when i'm done i'll have about two G's tied up in it and I'll buy a second vita just for my rig.

I just want to point out I did not make an exact prediction.  I just predict that it will not sell less than 40m is all. Many people believes it will be a complete failure and I disagree.  As time goes on it will drop in price and Japan will accept this device.  It needs some western games but I think it can get a few to help it out.

Nice, let's keep watching.

I also believe 40M is an absolute mininum.