By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Did Sony show anything last night that Microsoft needs to worry about?

disolitude said:
psrock said:
MS has everything to be worried about. All the advantages ( releasing first, pricing, Live, ) have been matched, a windows 8 machine with kinect is not the answer.

Again, you asume that all this time that Sony spent catching up, Microsoft was just sitting there and drinking Pina Coladas. 

Based on what they revealed with PS4, they already surpassed MIcrosoft. What i think its Microsoft will spend the next gen trying to match Sony's Gaikai service.

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
VGKing said:
newwil7l said:
MS have nothing to worry about at all. PS4 is nothing new and just revolves around power.

LMFAO it is much much more than that. Did you even see the reveal?

Fine, it revolves around power, and socializing

And games. PS4 is made by developers, for developers. If you make the developers happy, they make games for your platform, they give you exclusives and they support you at launch.

bananaking21 said:
newwil7l said:
VGKing said:
newwil7l said:
MS have nothing to worry about at all. PS4 is nothing new and just revolves around power.

what did the 360 revolve around then? 

Halo! I'm surprises you didn't know that

Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
Well the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM is a huge advantage of the PS4. I can't express how important this is.

The Gaikia technology is also very advanced and not something Microsoft can just copy overnight. The stuff Sony is doing like play while you are downloading and try any game in the store....that's revolutionary IMO.

Also if I heard correctly, PSN will now be "fastest gaming network" thanks to that Gaikia tech.

Doesnt Onlive already do that?

Does OnLive even exist anymore? Anyway no, I don't think it does any of that. Besides, the Gaikai library is made up for a small number of PC games. PS4 is a console, onLive is not.

newwil7l said:
bananaking21 said:
newwil7l said:
VGKing said:
newwil7l said:

so a console is revolved around one game? cool.... now even a console revolved only around power sounds so much better

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
newwil7l said:
bananaking21 said:
newwil7l said:
VGKing said:
newwil7l said:

so a console is revolved around one game? cool.... now even a console revolved only around power sounds so much better

Well who needs power, more games, or features when you have a huge game. Ask Nintendo who also agrees

newwil7l said:
bananaking21 said:
newwil7l said:
bananaking21 said:
newwil7l said:
VGKing said:
newwil7l said:

Well who needs power, more games, or features when you have a huge game. Ask Nintendo who also agrees

yeah those WiiU sales are just proving that point. 

the main thing they are worrying about is PS4 releasing first. if sony get a couple months head start and can launch the ps4 worldwide this year at an affordable price, than i think microsoft will be playing catch up the entire generation. microsoft are also worying about how people will react to their new console as we all know they're going the motion/casual/entertainment route. this will lead to alot of backlash and negativity.

tres said:
Somini said:
tres said:
Somini said:
tres said:
Somini said:
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
Well the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM is a huge advantage of the PS4. I can't express how important this is.

The Gaikia technology is also very advanced and not something Microsoft can just copy overnight. The stuff Sony is doing like play while you are downloading and try any game in the store....that's revolutionary IMO.

Also if I heard correctly, PSN will now be "fastest gaming network" thanks to that Gaikia tech.

Can you prove that?

which part do u want him to "prove"?  a question mark means he's asking does it.  so it would be your obligation to bring facts to the table showing him no etc.....

That's where you're wrong. He made a claim. I'm asking, is it empty or can he back it up? He is suggesting that Onlive does the same thing. So back it up or sit down son.

so claims end in question mark these days?

theres a big different in 

and

Online already does that.

So we agree then? Onlive does not do the same as was shown yesterday. See bolded part.

smh fanboyism a terrible disease

It takes one to know one!

Zappykins said:
I would say, a little, Sony seems to be throwing everything they can in the PS4, but so much of it seemed like they were playing catch up with the Xbox and Live. Adding facebook, better friends integration, using real names/pictures, chat, downloading when the console is off, integration with Phone and Tablets, etc. they presented them like they were new, even though Xbox has already had most of that stuff, for years in some cases.

Plus, they are clearly going after Kinect with their new PS4 Eye Camera, face recognition and the controller light/3D capture. I'm not sure how well that is going to work. It seemed much like a Xbox tribute.

The things they should watch:

8GB DDR5 memory - that seems like Sony's Ace.

The 'share' button - a little easier than what Microsoft already has in many games and through live. Easy and simple is good.

Instant on and suspend. While it does sound exactly what Microsoft is already doing with Windows 8. It could be a very nice feature - although seemed aimed at WiiU complaints.

The 'play while streaming' could be a nice thing.

Like the OP said 5-10% is hardly noticeable as a difference in console power.

And what they didn't talk about - 4K video playback? Display Port output?

What a random number. We don't have any specifics in the power difference. But what we do know is that the PS4 RAM completely blows away the next Xbox. Developers are praising Sony left and right on twitter.