By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Share button, and problems with it

Will you be watching videos made by friends on your PS4?

Yes 39 51.32%

No 33 43.42%

See results 4 5.26%

Total:76

Have you heard of twitch.tv?

It's a company that's sole business is streaming people playing video games.

Around the Network

Me & my cousin will take full advantage of this feature. We've always wanted to record our gameplay footage but never liked the idea of having to hook up a capture device to a PC every time we wanted to capture something. Now, it's so simple, just hit the 'Share' button and away we go.

Heavenly_King said:
bananaking21 said:
IsawYoshi said:
bananaking21 said:
we still have to see how this thing works. so dont base your judgment upon your speculation

We speculate on things all the time. My main problem is that I don't see the use of it, as I'm not going to watch videos made by my friends, because they don't know how to make videoes. I would rather watch a video on youtube by someone that knows what they are doing. And that is not speculation, that is fact.

then dont use it, nobody is forcing you

this.  And the fact that a friend can now help you in the actual game playing for you is a really awesome feature!!! XD  FIRST DAY BUY!!! heLL yeah11!1!!111ONE!

but but but sony isnt innovaitve.... and psn sucks, xbox live is way better.... i mean.... this is sony, that cant do anything right!!

(sarcasim for those who dont get it)

IsawYoshi said:

Well, I want to add the fact that it will be eve harder to find good quality content. I have a friend that makes really good videos, he have been featured on machinima a few times. But he is struggeling to get viewers, because youtube is allready flooded with videos. Now that everyone have can upload videos, it will be even harder for him to stay relevant. And it will be harder for me to find good quality content, so even though I won't use it that much, it will have an impact on me as a viewer.

You will need to wait until you see how it's implimented. IF this has a rating system that issue would be fixed. 

IF you don't want to use..how will this afect you in any way? So now you are going to use a little bit? lol Twitch tv and the like has communities build around it..a feature like this will only help them grow. You don't even need to think so hard, jsut think of it as friends sharing some cool shit that happened while playing a game. THere are countless times where I wished I had a camera ready during a game because something funny/cool/interesting happened. Feature like this being built in to the system itself is a very gamer centric move

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It's a pretty useless feature for the large majority. It wasn't a feature asked by gamers and like most of the other social stuff that was presented last night it doesn't add any real value to the gaming experience.

But Sony felt they needed to implement it since Xbox is making the social aspect a strong selling point in next gen.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
It's a pretty useless feature for the large majority. It wasn't a feature asked by gamers and like most of the other social stuff that was presented last night it doesn't add any real value to the gaming experience.

But Sony felt they needed to implement it since Xbox is making the social aspect a strong selling point in next gen.

The bold is just wrong

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ill definitely be using it lol....2k14 here i come

lol... i just thought about the benefits of the share button.  now i play 2k on xbox but now i want to play it on ps just so i can share.

M.U.G.E.N said:
IsawYoshi said:

Well, I want to add the fact that it will be eve harder to find good quality content. I have a friend that makes really good videos, he have been featured on machinima a few times. But he is struggeling to get viewers, because youtube is allready flooded with videos. Now that everyone have can upload videos, it will be even harder for him to stay relevant. And it will be harder for me to find good quality content, so even though I won't use it that much, it will have an impact on me as a viewer.

You will need to wait until you see how it's implimented. IF this has a rating system that issue would be fixed. 

IF you don't want to use..how will this afect you in any way? So now you are going to use a little bit? lol Twitch tv and the like has communities build around it..a feature like this will only help them grow. You don't even need to think so hard, jsut think of it as friends sharing some cool shit that happened while playing a game. THere are countless times where I wished I had a camera ready during a game because something funny/cool/interesting happened. Feature like this being built in to the system itself is a very gamer centric move

My friens are a bunch of 15 year olds playing cod and fifa though. And, I am basicly speaking about console gaming, and not pc gaming, so when someone decided that they wanted to start doing youtube videos of them playing, they needed to take a finacial decission. The recorders costs money after all. That removed a lot of unneceary content. Also, I updated my original post a bit, I suggest you check it out.

THere are countless times where I wished I had a camera ready during a game because something funny/cool/interesting happened. 

Now that is how it should be used, but the question is if people will use it that way. I think my friends will upload monages from cod for the most part. 

I would like to watch some neat racing from time to time, and if that means befriending someone much better than me, so be it. I will use it yes.

IsawYoshi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
IsawYoshi said:

My friens are a bunch of 15 year olds playing cod and fifa though. And, I am basicly speaking about console gaming, and not pc gaming, so when someone decided that they wanted to start doing youtube videos of them playing, they needed to take a finacial decission. The recorders costs money after all. That removed a lot of unneceary content. Also, I updated my original post a bit, I suggest you check it out.

THere are countless times where I wished I had a camera ready during a game because something funny/cool/interesting happened. 

Now that is how it should be used, but the question is if people will use it that way. I think my friends will upload monages from cod for the most part. 

umm aren't you basically giving more reasons to prove my point? This feature basically removes the barriers to entry since no additional hardware is needed to do the capture. Thats a BIG plus. 

Like I said we need to see how the feature is set up and if there is a rating and categorizing system. But even ignoring all that, you can just stick to uploads made by your friends. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!