By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Developers Project List (PS4)

the-pi-guy said:
JustThatGamer said:
Aldro said:
Updated a bit

Need to update Sony Santa Monica, Todd Papy left the studio as he moved to Germany where he's now game director at Crytek, same studio that made Ryse.

So it's team Stig Asmussen (new IP) & team Cory Barlog (GoW IV).

Also aren't Sony Bend & SCE London Studios working on unannounced PS4 games?

??

What about the God of War: Ascension team?

THe list is missing:  SCE London Studio, SCE Japan Studio, Sony Bend and SCE San Diego.

SCE London and Japan are difficult to include though, because we have no idea how many teams they have.  If you look at their released games list... well, it's difficult to include them in the same fashion as the others are.  

I read somewhere that after God of War: Ascension was completed some developers moved onto Stig's project, the others moved onto Cory's which is probably still in pre-production.

Sony Santa Monica has 200+ devs, assuming Stig & Todd's teams were equal sized at ~100 each I reckon that after GoW:A was complete around 20-40 devs moved to Stig's team and the other 60-80 joined Cory's team. SSM will still be hiring until Cory's team is the same size as Stig's current team, around 120-140 devs. I could be wrong but this is the most realisitc scenario in my opinion.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
JustThatGamer said:
Aldro said:
Updated a bit

Need to update Sony Santa Monica, Todd Papy left the studio as he moved to Germany where he's now game director at Crytek, same studio that made Ryse.

So it's team Stig Asmussen (new IP) & team Cory Barlog (GoW IV).

Also aren't Sony Bend & SCE London Studios working on unannounced PS4 games?

Thank god he left. Todd Papy ruined GoW!

I feel sorry for Todd Papy, I would've liked to have seen what he could've achieved had resources & time not been wasted on the good but unnecessary multiplayer because now we'll never know how good a single player game he could've made, now his reputation has been pretty much ruined. They cut a lot of SP content which wouldn't have happened if Sony hadn't put pressure on them to include a MP component, maybe if he wasn't burdened with multiplayer and his attention was focused soley on the SP with minimal cuts then it could've been another huge 90%+ GoW game. Let's wait and see what Todd Papy does with Ryse 2 (or whatever he makes at Crytek) then decide if him leaving SSM was a good thing.

Some known cuts are that Athena was supposed to have a role in the game, Archimedes was supposed to have a role, Charybdis was originally going to be a HUGE boss battle/set-piece moment at the half-way point but turned into a not so huge final boss encounter... So many cuts, there's more smaller cuts that would've done a lot to further develop the plot & Kratos had they remained, such wasted potential for what could've been an amazing prequel, damn it now I've depressed myself about GoW:A again! :(

Nice list! :D Possible additions:

First party:

Japan Studio
Main Team: Freedom Wars + ?
Team Ico: The Last Guardian
Team Gravity: Gravity Rush 2

Santa Monica Studio
New open world IP with magic based powers written by Battlestar Galactica writer Michael Angeli (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/06/08/sony-santa-monicas-new-ip-to-feature-magic/)

San Diego Studio
MLB 14: The Show

London Studio
Mark Simmons worked on an unannounced AAA character action game at Sony London Studio

Sony Online Entertainment
PlanetSide 2

Second party:

Sega
Yakuza: Restoration

Capcom
Deep Down

Square Enix
Final Fantasy IX: A Realm Reborn

Sumo Digital
Little Big Planet 3 (http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/little-big-planet-3-leaked-via-resume/)

Housemarque
Team 1: Resogun
Team 2: New game

Giant Sparrow
New IP

Great list

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Aldro said:

First Party:

Naughty Dog Team Amy

Uncharted 4
(Currently under works)

Naughty Dog Team Neil

TLOU DLC for PS3
(Currently under works)

Santa Monica Studios Team Stig

New IP

(Future reveal eminent*)

Santa Monica Studios Team Barlog

Unknown

(Recently launched GoWA)

Guerrilla Games Team Killzone

Unknown

(Recently launched Killzone Shadow Fall)

Guerrilla Games Team Other

New IP
(Future reveal eminent* )

Media Molecule & Media Molecule (Small Team)

New IP
(Future reveal eminent*)

Unknown
(Recently launched Tearaway for PSV)

Polyphony Digital

Gran Turismo 6 for PS3
(Currently under works)

Suckerpunch

InFAMOUS Second Son
(Currently under works)

Evolution Studios

Driveclub
(Currently under works)

Sony Bend

Unknown Game
(Currently under works)

London Studios

Unknown Game
(Currently under works)

Second Party:

Quantic Dream

New IP
(Future reveal eminent*, tech was shown)

Ready at Dawn

The Order 1886
(Currently under works )

So this is a list I made. I have not included some developers ofcourse but you can let me know and I will add them to a new table below this eventually.

Quite impressive if I do say so myself!

*Imminent.

em·i·nent

[em-uh-nuhnt]

adjective

1. high in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished: eminent statesmen.

im·mi·nent

[im-uh-nuhnt]
adjective
1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.
I'm sure at least some of those games will also be eminent, but it's too early to be making such bold assertions.
OT: So actually nothing we don't already know about, or can make some reasonably obvious predictions based on the fact that these studios have not been announced as shutting down, so one must assume they are working on something not yet announced. Good to have a nice list of all the active studios to generate a nice sense of anticipation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Aldro said:

First Party:

Naughty Dog Team Amy

Uncharted 4
(Currently under works)

Naughty Dog Team Neil

TLOU DLC for PS3
(Currently under works)

Santa Monica Studios Team Stig

New IP

(Future reveal eminent*)

Santa Monica Studios Team Barlog

Unknown

(Recently launched GoWA)

Guerrilla Games Team Killzone

Unknown

(Recently launched Killzone Shadow Fall)

Guerrilla Games Team Other

New IP
(Future reveal eminent* )

Media Molecule & Media Molecule (Small Team)

New IP
(Future reveal eminent*)

Unknown
(Recently launched Tearaway for PSV)

Polyphony Digital

Gran Turismo 6 for PS3
(Currently under works)

Suckerpunch

InFAMOUS Second Son
(Currently under works)

Evolution Studios

Driveclub
(Currently under works)

Sony Bend

Unknown Game
(Currently under works)

London Studios

Unknown Game
(Currently under works)

Second Party:

Quantic Dream

New IP
(Future reveal eminent*, tech was shown)

Ready at Dawn

The Order 1886
(Currently under works )

So this is a list I made. I have not included some developers ofcourse but you can let me know and I will add them to a new table below this eventually.

Quite impressive if I do say so myself!

*Imminent.

em·i·nent

[em-uh-nuhnt]

adjective

1. high in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished: eminent statesmen.

im·mi·nent

[im-uh-nuhnt]
adjective
1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.
I'm sure at least some of those games will also be eminent, but it's too early to be making such bold assertions.
OT: So actually nothing we don't already know about, or can make some reasonably obvious predictions based on the fact that these studios have not been announced as shutting down, so one must assume they are working on something not yet announced. Good to have a nice list of all the active studios to generate a nice sense of anticipation.

Thanks for correcting me :D

Changed a few from imminent to upcoming mostly based on rumors and some common sense (eg. GG's new IP will take some time to reveal considering they just released KZ SF whereas SSMs is imminent since its been under works since 2010)