By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does MGS4 seem so hyped up?

Apart from four of the MGS franchises games, they havent sold that well, so why are many people saying that it will boost the PS3 in sales? (Not just the fanboys.)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

I played some of the MG games..

Not a big fan of them, so idk..

I think the game shows what the Ps3 can do, so that could be why its so hyped

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN

I guess, but didn't some people saybthat about Drakes fortune, then again thata selling pretty well...

Why does super smash bros seemed to hyped?

Its the same statememt just a different game.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

@ Zach's post: was going to say that but I thought better of it....but now I'm pretty much saying it anyway by saying I wanted to say it.....damn....

Around the Network

For me, it because its about to end a very confusing but fun story. I am a huge fan of the MGS series, though i the first one on the Psx was the best in the series.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

I'm not a big fan of the series because I really can't stand the codec in the games. But the games themselves are very well made and it's obviously that Konami is working hard and that it will be a showcase title for the PS3.

@ Zackblue

What has MGS4 added compared to the last game? Graphics, online, new storyline, (???)

What has brawl added? Graphics compared to cube, online, a one player or co-op story mode, new characters, four new ways of control, rotation mode, and just about everything at smashbros.com

Besides, I meant why is the hype around the fact that the game will sell systems, I know this is true but so many people seem to think it will boost sales incredibly.

I think a lot of the recent or soon to be releases of big franchise games are way over hyped (Halo 3, SMG, SSBB included) I dont know about SSBB, but these other "BIG" games were really just rehashes of the franchise.

Yes, even SMG with its "revolutionary" physics system (sad to say, this isnt the first time a game has messed with physics like that) Halo 3 did in fact turn out to be a polished up Halo 2. SSBB so far seems the same game, different name.

Basic thing is this: these are big franchises, and they hype the hell out of them because they know just by having the name and hyping them, it will sell units. Simple as that. Maybe MGS will be a great game, i dont know. Personally i never felt the previous installments were all that great, but hey they are hyping it because they believe it will sell units.

You could say its like Killzone 2. I know very few people that believe the first one was such a great and incredible game, yet for some reason sony is hyping it like crazy and people cream in their pants to look at it.

i dont like trolls