By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PS4 announcement the biggest event of the 21st century?

Is such a thing even possible?

Yes it is 80 31.01%

No, let me see the result pff 178 68.99%

Total:258

Well I guess Gangnam Style would be the biggest since your going by views of a youtube video.

Around the Network

Hopefully they will have Randy I'm a lying bastard Pitchford on stage as he spins a good yarn

Stupid topic.

NO, the biggest thing to happen in the 21st Century were the terrorist attacks on September 11th, because they proved that for all of our bluster and bragadocia, even the mighty US wasn't immune from attacks on our soil.  Also, they changed the face of global polictical discourse and the focus of world events. 

Plus, they ended the Boyband movement, basically changing the course of human history. 

PS4 is a gaming console, and honestly, probably not a very good one, time will tell. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Well I guess Gangnam Style would be the biggest since your going by views of a youtube video.

YouTube was launched this century. Perhaps YouTube is the biggest YouTube event O.o

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

BuckStud said:
Turkish said:

Almost 9 million youtube views combined for a little teaser. Top trending topic at twitter and facebook. Top stories at both BBC and CNN. The hype is unbelievable.

You do relize that this is a video game system, not the cure for cancer....  You guys need to get out of your parents basement and get a girlfriend or something....

PS3 contributed to research with Folding@Home for diseases like cancer, Alzheimer, Huntington etc, PS4 will continue what PS3 has done.

Come back when you have done your homework.

Around the Network

Turkish said:

PS4 will continue what PS3 has done.

So you basically hope that PS4 will be overpriced, incredibly expensive, bringing billions of losses to Sony?? (Or, and i forgot - 3 years without games and a 3rd place in a nextgen race)... You such a strange Sony fan...

Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Biggest gaming/electronic event.

iPhone, iPad, Wii, HD, Sky, WiFi etc. would like a word with you.

Lol wii.

There have likely been 100,000,000,000s of events that were bigger.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Sharu said:

Turkish said:

PS4 will continue what PS3 has done.

So you basically hope that PS4 will be overpriced, incredibly expensive, bringing billions of losses to Sony?? (Or, and i forgot - 3 years without games and a 3rd place in a nextgen race)... You such a strange Sony fan...

How about turn things from a disasterous launch to a great platform with a lot of IP's and a paid service that offers a ton of value to its fanbase. Don't even bring up the 3rd place thing. So sick of hearing that. 1 year late with ridiculous pricetag and still managed to close the gap/outsell the 360 worldwide for years. It's become a great system and many are hoping Sony takes that momentum with it to the PS4.

I like Nintendo as well but they got an absolute huge sales boost from all the casuals. Obviously this thread is a bit extreme, and Sony fans are joking when they say "second coming of Christ".

How people are accusing Sony fans of being ridiculous on the day of a possible PS4 ANNOUNCEMENT, yet all the haters who are borderline trolling Sony fans for being excited are somehow the reasonably minded ones is beyond me.

michael_stutzer said:
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Biggest gaming/electronic event.

iPhone, iPad, Wii, HD, Sky, WiFi etc. would like a word with you.

Lol wii.

What of it? It was a huge electronic event. Changed the gaming world forever.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.