By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fantasy land nintendo fan boys live in.

Old ports are a good thing somehow.

GC/PS2 games on wii are great.

Weak hardware is great, go gamecube 1.5!

Pathetic online support is fine.

Way inferior games to its competiton are ok.

childish games are not the only thing Nin makes (nice fantasy) / Nin has a diverse library of games (LMFAO)

Around the Network

Complete Flame Bait.

I can say similar things to dishonor / argue against the PS3 in other segments, every console has their negative, many people like them for different reasons.

You must not be excited for Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3. Personally, I'm very excited for this old port. I kinda agree with your point on online support, but that's about it. The "weak" hardware is fine in my book considering it allows for a low price. The "inferior games" bit is too subjective. I think Nintendo makes games with as widely appealing as possible rather than just aiming for the kiddies. I'm not quite convinced the Wii will have a truly diverse library games. Or I should say, I'm not convinced the Wii will have the kind of diversity I'm looking for; I'm worried the library is gonna lean too far toward the casual side.

I should probably mention that this is coming from a guy whose only next gen system is a PS3. Can't really afford anything else for a while :P

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

OriGin said:

Complete Flame Bait.

not really, just took the advice i got from the thread bitchin about me.

jman8 said:

You must not be excited for Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3. Personally, I'm very excited for this old port. I kinda agree with your point on online support, but that's about it. The "weak" hardware is fine in my book considering it allows for a low price. The "inferior games" bit is too subjective. I think Nintendo makes games with as widely appealing as possible rather than just aiming for the kiddies. I'm not quite convinced the Wii will have a truly diverse library games. Or I should say, I'm not convinced the Wii will have the kind of diversity I'm looking for; I'm worried the library is gonna lean too far toward the casual side.

I should probably mention that this is coming from a guy whose only next gen system is a PS3. Can't really afford anything else for a while :P

problem is ports for the wii look the same as they did on the previous gen system, NGS atleast looks alot better but personally after GOW2 ngs has really failed to impress.

Around the Network

The PS3 gets a port with vastly improved graphics, while the Wii gets waggle controls. I could argue that Ninja Gaiden ought to offer more gameplay improvements like the Wii ports potentially get with waggle controls.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

hus how old are you?

^^^^ was gonna say the same thing

Did I mention Sony loves its brainless consumers...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

..its way past HUS' bedtime..expext another highly intelligent response in the AM from this tool.

*zing*

MynameisGARY

Hus, this isn't PS2 buddy. You are stuck in the past.

Tid bit time!

Motorstorm Release Date:      Mar 6, 2007  total sold 252,166 in 5 weeks

A "1st tier" PS3 game...

I thought Motorstorm was a "killer app"? Guess not...

Super Paper Mario Release Date: April 9, 2007  total sold  218,761 in 2 weeks

I would call Super Paper Mario a 2nd tier Nintendo title. Little hype b4 launch. so next weeks sales figure will topple "the great" graphically impressive Motorstorm

THE TIME IS NOW.

ROFL

MynameisGARY