By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever seen another console get as much media attention as the PS4 is getting before its annoucement?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeTheBro said:
So basically this whole thread is screwed up because of the OP saying one thing but meaning another. We all agree the PS4 has less media attention than other systems if we include pre-launch (since it hasn't even been announced yet), and we all agree the PS4 has more media attention if we only include pre-announcement.

That's Proffessor Joe's verdict.

I was only talking about pre annoucement. I messed up on the topic though, you're right there.

I bet alot of people feel stupid now

Around the Network

Wii.

Wii hype began a year and a half before the system launched, and it was intense. And somehow Nintendo had games ready for E3 2006... something they can't seem to do in recent memory.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Yes. Back in 2005 when Microsoft debuted the 360 on MTV a month before E3. People were going insane.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

F0X said:
Wii.

Wii hype began a year and a half before the system launched, and it was intense. And somehow Nintendo had games ready for E3 2006... something they can't seem to do in recent memory.

There wasn't much hype for the Wii until Iwata unveiled the Wii Remote at TGS about 14 months before it launched.  Even after that, the real hype train didn't begin until they showed actual software at E3 the following summer.  Prior to that all we knew about Revolution was that it was the size of three DVD cases stacked together, it would have a Virtual Console service, and that it was to be severely under-powered in comparison to PS3/ 360.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I think the Wii got more media attention -- good and bad -- than Sony's successor to PS3.

Honestly, if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have known about February 20. Meanwhile, in 2006, I was being bombarded with news about Wii from all sides.

I don't think many people outside of our bubble are aware of Sony's press conference or the rumored specs of PS4. There's nothing really transcendent about PS4 so far, whereas Wii captured the imagination of people beyond the video game world.

You do know the PS4 is yet to be revealed right? That's when you'll be bombarded with news from all sides.

@bold
PS4 hasn't even been unvieled yet so I have no idea how you can say that.

Around the Network
Metrium said:
The internet is basicaly ''Sony Land''. If the hype on the internet for anything sony related was representative of real life PSABR would have sold 5millions units by now, Star Hawk and Twisted Metal would have sold 3millions and the Vita would be the best selling handheld ever.

Are you serious? PSABR got A LOT of bashing. People complained left and right that their favorite character didn't make it in.

Starhawk wasn't hyped at all, even on the internet. Same for Twisted Metal.

Yea, the Wii and 360 received as much if not more pre hype than what the PS4 is getting. Whereas from what I recall the PS3 received little overall other than the blu-ray hype.

VGKing said:
Metrium said:
The internet is basicaly ''Sony Land''. If the hype on the internet for anything sony related was representative of real life PSABR would have sold 5millions units by now, Star Hawk and Twisted Metal would have sold 3millions and the Vita would be the best selling handheld ever.

Are you serious? PSABR got A LOT of bashing. People complained left and right that their favorite character didn't make it in.

Starhawk wasn't hyped at all, even on the internet. Same for Twisted Metal.

The Internet is not Sony Land... It's Microsoft land, if anything. I'm not sure how to even begin repsonding to such a silly statement. 

Microsoft pays big $$$ to spread their hideous name and brand all over the Internet and television. I can't tell any of you the last time I saw a Sony commercial on the Internet or on television. 

Maybe in Japan is Sony the dominant brand over the Internet, but, not here. 

The Wii got a heck of a lot more media attention.

Of all my gamer friends, I'm the only one that is excited. Most of them, even my PS3 fan employee is 'meh.'

But I will be watching tomorrow!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!