By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Real HD DMC4 Console Comparison: Motion Blur In PS3 Version

http://www.ripten.com/2008/01/25/the-real-dmc4-console-comparison-motion-blur-in-ps3-version/

PS3 version has motion blur and sometimes better antialiasing in the HD comparison.

Around the Network

I noticed it also had better framerate, according to the demo discription the 360 one supposebly runs at 60fps (It did not look 60fps to me it looked like less compared to the ps3 one, unless the ps3 one surpasses 60fps?).

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Woah!! motion blur. J/k, but I actually like it better without the motion blur. Looks sharper

Passenger57 said:
Woah!! motion blur. J/k, but I actually like it better without the motion blur. Looks sharper

Actually motion blur makes a lot of sense to be used on this game. It goes well with all the other motion blur from the weapons and special effects.

I played both and they both look great, but I think the PS3 looks a little better.

@zackblue: 

I did not notice and frame rate drops on the 360. They both seem to keep a pretty solid 60 FPS

EDIT: Did someone else found the environment detail to be a little lack luster compared to the characters? It seem to be pretty low tech, didn't notice any bump mapping or anything... maybe it's just me :(

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

@krik

Then it must be my 360.. its wierd because it has been acting strange lately.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

I dont really care for the blur. I also dont like how it takes so long to sprint. The game overall was better than I thought it would be though. I may actually pick it up after all.

Yeah the motion blur will work really well with this title. Can't wait to play the demo next week (31st in PAL).

Unless you put them side by side comparison I wouldn't noticed the difference in real time including the blur. So the only real difference between the two is one will be installed on the HD and the other reads off the Dvd.

it looks pretty good with motion blur(not that it didnt look good anyways)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Does this line make sense to anyone here?

"It’s also significant to point out that unlike what is expressed on the PSforums, both versions have 2xAA (gets rid of “jaggies” on the edges of objects), but there are more times you’ll notice an edge without AA on the Xbox 360 than on the PS3."

If they both have 2x AA, yet one has more jaggies...

*confused look*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/