By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

I have always loved the civ games, they are just brilliant and very engrossing. I always have to do just the next few turns so I can finish my master plan...Man I don't know how many nights I played until sunrise because I just couldn't stop.

Later this year this game will hit the consoles. From the pics and descriptions I have seen already, it seems to be similar to CivIII with a couple small CivIV enhancements.

I own a Wii and obviously am more interested in how it will perform, truthfully with the wiimote I think the wii version will be the best, but only time will tell.

Right now there are only two games that are must buys for me this year.

Mario Kart and Civ Revolution.

I have three general questions?

1. Will the Wii version sell the best? Keep in mind this is clearly a more casual game and the wiimote is more like a mouse, so basic control for this type of game may be easier. Obviously the Wii userbase by mid this year will have a significant lead on the others.

2. Are you planning on buying this game? If so, what console? If Wii, I challenge you now!!!

3. Do you think it will sell well at all. As compared to PC versions.

Around the Network

What? Am i the only one who likes Civ games? Damn. This will be lonely. :(

I'm buying this for my wife when it comes out. I doubt I'll get use of my television for at least two weeks after that.

I'll be buying it for the 360, BTW.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

1) I think that the wii version will sell the best if they use the better controls that the wii can offer.
2)I am going to get it on the wii. It is my most wanted game on the wii.
3)I think that the userbase will help it sell well, whether or not it will sell that well is all dependent on the quality of the game.

1)  Dunno.

2)  No.  I consider Civilization games to be boring, repetitive, unfun, and a complete waste of perfectly good gaming time.

3)  Not necessarily.  I believe the core of its fanbase is on the PC.  If it sells well, it'll be independent of sales on the PC.

Around the Network

I keep thinking that Civ Rev is inferior to Civ 4 so I rather buy the Beyond the Sword expansion than Revolution.

I dunno...I love the PC games, but I'll wait to see if this is up to par before buying it.

this is one of the few game types, that does not translate well into console gaming.. though i might try it, it seems to be a dumbed down version of civ 4

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I'm definately going to rent and if its good I might buy as I have been a fan of CIV since the first title. However, I have Civ 4 and still play it therefore Revolutions is going to have to be pretty damn unique to warrant a full price purchase.

1. I think it has a good chance of being the best selling of consoles, from both the controls and size of its userbase. 2. This is probably my most antisipated game of the year for Wii... for any console or PC for that matter. I accept your challenge!!!! 3. I am hoping for a WW 250K sales at the least! But as it is a more niech type of game for consoles, I'm thinking 100K-150K WW is more realistic. PC should still sell a lot better though. If it reaches 250K WW, that'll secure it's fate for either future versions, or other games in its style for the Wii.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!