By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo fans and Sony fans have reacted similarly to their crisis.

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Why I disagree with this thread.

1. The Vita is obviously failing and to say otherwise is foolish. People keep saying how it will sell well with no games in it's forecast.

The WiiU on the other hand does have games in it's forecast and is why people are saying to wait until they come out. The Vita may have something that we are unaware of but it has taken them far too long to show good support for the Vita.

2. All people that are biased ridicules the other consoles so this is nothing new between the Vita and WiiU. Look at every xbox thread for example. Some good comments and then somebody biased comes in and says xbox has no games and how halo sucks etc. This is vice versa with PS threads. The cycle never ends.

3. I almost guarantee that the Nexbox/PS4 will have doom threads as well. people will nitpick and as soon as they see one flaw bam here the doom comes.

4. You tried nailing it down to a few things but it really comes down to this. People who are biased will create doom threads and the apposing fans will defend making there own threads as well, and the cycle continues. It's simply childish from everybody.

The cycle for a new console

Hype/Doom/Hate/It was fine all along now let's defend.

1. I never said if someone was right or wrong. I said both fanbases are making similar arguments concerning the criticism of their console is fair. Are both right or are both wrong? Only time will decide. But that's not my point. I'm just pointing out the similarities.

As for everything else, it seems like you agree with me.

No I think everybody who is biased are all the same.  They all ignore facts and hype this shit out of there preferred console.  But then they point out flaws in apposing consoles.  I dont think that it is exclusive to the WiiU/Vita.  It's the way all fans are that only like one console.

As far as the arguments the way i look at is software sells hardware. Neiter vita or WiiU has that right now so they will continue to fail until they both bring out software.   I dont think either one will be as successful as there predecessor but they will do fine in the long run (just a prediction).  The vita has a chance of having a very long life and Nintendo games sell well so in the end I think both will do average

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

No I think everybody who is biased are all the same.  They all ignore facts and hype this shit out of there preferred console.  But then they point out flaws in apposing consoles.  I dont think that it is exclusive to the WiiU/Vita.  It's the way all fans are that only like one console.

As far as the arguments the way i look at is software sells hardware. Neiter vita or WiiU has that right now so they will continue to fail until they both bring out software.   I dont think either one will be as successful as there predecessor but they will do fine in the long run (just a prediction).  The vita has a chance of having a very long life and Nintendo games sell well so in the end I think both will do average

You misunderstood. I never said this was exclusive to the Wii U and Vita. I only included them because they have been through fairly similar situations recently. I would have included any other console had it been similar. If Microsoft released a console with low sales with similar responses from fans, then I would have made a thread comparing everyone.

This thread is mainly directly at the Nintendo/Sony fans who are described in the OP and/or users who believe one fanbase is better than the other. If you don't have those beliefs then that's good.

Everyone will just pick the information they want to look at.
For the nintendo fans, 3Ds sales are indeed good NOW but did they forget that it had a price cut only 4 months after it was release? Is it really a success story?

For Sony fans, sure the vita is probably not doing very well, but it never really had a price cut yet.  So do we wait for a price cut similar to the 3Ds to decide if the it is real doomed??

Frankly I think the most important stat is "profit". Meaning company actually made money regardless if they came in 1st,2nd or 3rd. Sales number is good and all, but you cannot really tell if its from software or price cut or a combination of both.

1.False
2.True
3.True
4.False at times. I just don't like it when the exact same article is reposted like 5 times.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

This is a Mindless Doom Thread.

Around the Network

The main thing that is hurting both systems are the lack of quality games. Yes the Vita will get Soul Sacrifice in a few months, and Killzone in September, but what about now? Some cheap 10 dollar PSN games that aren't that good?

In the past 3 weeks, all the Wii U has put out, has been an app for Google Maps. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be the first true test of the Wii U. But Rayman Legends no longer being an exclusive is crap, even if ubisoft paid nintendo off.....this was another reason to get a Wii U.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono

http://twitch.tv/HollywoodShono

http:/www.twitter.com/HollywoodShono

http://www.facebook.com/HollywoodShono

PSN:   BShornock, Wii U:  Hollywood_Shono, Xbox 360:  BShornock, Email:  bshornock@icloud.com, Steam:  BShornock

deleted