By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was your first game purchase of this year?

RolStoppable said:
Me said:
RolStoppable said:
Hotel Dusk - Room 215

Damn, that is a good book... I mean game.
I've been half tempted to get this myself for a while now if poss can you post your thoughts / opinions on it when you've played it a while?

Most of the time you are just reading in this game, there are tons of dialogues. There is very little gameplay during the whole game. There are some nice puzzles that use the touchscreen and microphone. The story of the game keeps you playing, it's very interesting.

The game is about 12 hours long, the replay value is nearly non existent. You get some additional scenes near the end of a second playthrough, if you can be bothered to go through the whole game again. If you see the game more as a book, you get your money's worth out of it, but if you are looking for something that actually contains some gameplay, this isn't a game for you.

I don't regret the purchase, but I am not too happy either. 

mmm cheers Rol, i'm still undecided about this - might be good if i'm ever sat with a hangover in a dark room and a copy of this otherwise it may be a little tedious.might try and get a cheap pre owned copy sometime

Around the Network

My first game of 08 was Animal Crossing (GameCube), seems like an odd choice but I have never owned it and loved Animal Crossing on DS for about 3 years now so I wanted to see the difference, great choice and got it for 10 bucks.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

james bond agent under fire for gamcube

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Again - Animal Crossing is another game i've always looked at and never played, I think my goal for 08 has to be to catch up old GC and DS games.

Think i'll start by trying to find and buy

Animal Crossing (but which version?)
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 0 (never played it)
Phoenix Wright Series
Any Adventure games on DS

Star wars rogue leader rogue sqadron II for Game cube. Also just got Mario sunshine. I had a xbox last gen and now have a wii and so I am catching up on Nintendos catalogue from the Gamecube. I would appreciate any advice on any other games I should be looking at. I like mario kart should I look at buying that?

Around the Network

No More Heroes.

Well actually Trauma Center: New Blood. But that was a gift for my girlfriend.

i finally found Pikmin 2

PSP:

Bubble Bobble Evolution
Sonic Rivals
Puzzle Quest

All at the same time.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Uncharted with Christmas BB gift cards, then No More Heroes a couple of days ago. My next will probably be Brawl, unless I can scrounge up the cash for Z&W before it comes out.

this year years first purchase for me was Mass effect, thanks to fox news and madskillz

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989