By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “Skyrim was generic” says Witcher 3 game Director

I fucking agree. Such an overhyped game because it has dragons and magic, but the fact is that it has one of the worst combat in modern rpg history.

Around the Network

Outside of Aldouin....I can't remember anyone. lol

I played like 100 hours too.

Whereas off the top of my head I remember from The Witcher 2:

Geralt, Triss, Vernon, Iorveth, King Henselt, King Radovid, King Foltest, Saskia, Phillipa Eilheart, Zoltan, Letho and Dandelion.

That's just some. Good storytelling does that.

In other news, you die if you are killed.

Skyrim Characters That I could Name Off The Top of My Head

Alduin
Lydia
Ummmmm...
Ah...
Guy who took an arrow through the knee?

Skyrim was a step down from Oblivion in my opinion so I ain't even mad about what he said.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

The AI in Skyrim were a bunch of retards lol...

PullusPardus said:

to be honest, they're just taking their characters from the writer, they're not doing anything themselves either, so he shouldn't slam them like that, at least they have original material , not based on a book.

ES world is about as original as the other 5000 magic and swords Books, Games and Movies, we have seen over the years, and since we are talking characters I would rather have good characters based off a book than none at all. Characters and stories are the reason people will revisit these games in the future, When Skyrim's graphics & already broken mechanics have faded and ES6-7 are out no one will have praise for Skyrim any more other than "Well, I played 200 Hours! It must have been good at something then"

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I've only played skyrim for about 15-20 hours until I stopped and I don't really want to go back and play and finish it. I don't find it that great to be honest. It's good, just not great IMO. I may go back and finish it when I'm done with my backlog of games though.

Who the hell was Lydia?

I remember:

Alduin

Paarthurnax

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

i got bored of skyrim so quickly. its probably because i played oblivion for years and skyrim was just a shiny version of that with dragons.