By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

irstupid said:
Stuff like this turns me off companies.

I'm a fan of taking the high road versus bashing competitors. Thus why I have election years so much.

Yeah it kind of reminds me of that blast processing SEga Genesis ads against SNES. But then it still is one way of marketing, puts some off and others on. The fun part being they used a Mario game to poke fun in that ad. LOL. They paid the price eventually from that Mario's curse. Out of business. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
DirtyP2002 said:
thismeintiel said:
pezus said:

Vita was praised because people believed the price was good and because people believe games were coming. The hardware is obviously awesome, that's what people saw at the time. Then Nintendo dropped the price of 3DS by 30%...

I give this post overall 2/10

Last line = wat?

You appear to be breeding a lot of hate. Let it flow through you.

Honestly, I think he's just upset MS isn't getting nearly as much hype as Sony for their next console.  Sony is getting hype not just from diehard fans, but the average gamer, as well.  I got a couple of guys from work who gamed on nothing but the 360 this gen, but said they are jumping ship if the Kinect 2 rumors turn out to be true.  They also don't want to pay for LIve, anymore.  Read similar things from posts on gaming websites, including this one, too.  It's kinda like MS is getting anti-hype, except from diehard fans, from their leaks.  Next gen is going to be interesting.

Blah Blah Blah, made up garbage.

And for what exactly should MS get this hype for? They haven't said anything.

Neither has Sony. 

Yes. We're all hyping the PS4 announcement for no reason. We're just that random.

But when Microsoft makes an arrogant comment, Sony fans get on fire.

Hypothetically, what way would have all of you reacted had Nintendo (and I'm not saying Sony did this) made an insulting dig against Uncharted?

You would have probably used the "Quality" "New IP" and "Innovative" as ammo. Pffff.

I'm not saying the reactions are okay, but the hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

morenoingrato said:

Hypothetically, what way would have all of you reacted had Nintendo (and I'm not saying Sony did this) made an insulting dig against Uncharted?

You would have probably used the "Quality" "New IP" and "Innovative" as ammo. Pffff.

I'm not saying the reactions are okay, but the hypocrisy is mind-boogling.

You just said sony didnt do it... so whats the point of the question. also, there is a difference between making arrogant comments and advertising. Competition always tries to show the shortcomings. It happens in soft drinks, in tv services, cars, phones... it really is no big deal.

there really is no hypocrisy you are just trying to make it more than it is

morenoingrato said:

Hope this ain't referring to me, because I'd probably find the hypocrisy just as odd as you do.

I had something else to say as well, but then I got to "mind-boogling" and laughed too hard to remember what I was gonna say.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Agreed, hypocrisy at it's finest. However, we are on the Internet, so you can't expect much from people over here.

RazorDragon said:
morenoingrato said:

Agreed, hypocrisy at it's finest. However, we are on the Internet, so you can't expect much from people over here.

I dont think that word means what you think it means. However we are on the internet so you can expect people to use words they dont know

Max King of the Wild said:
RazorDragon said:
morenoingrato said:

I dont think that word means what you think it means. However we are on the internet so you can expect people to use words they dont know

It's possible, as I'm not a native english speaker. However, we are on the Internet, so you can expect people making mistakes.

PS: Nice Kaz-Avatar there. Is that a PS-Soap in his hands, or a giant pink PS-thing?

RazorDragon said:

It's possible, as I'm not a native english speaker. However, we are on the Internet, so you can expect people making mistakes.

PS: Nice Kaz-Avatar there. Is that a PS-Soap in his hands, or a giant pink PS-thing?

when you say gaint pink PS-thing people think your talking about the playstation dildo move

RazorDragon said:
RazorDragon said:
morenoingrato said:

It's from the movie Fight Club and tyler durden makes soap. In the orginal picture it says fight club on the bar of soap. I used it because Jay was complaining about Kazatars and he likes fight club.

As for hypocrisy, it means you do something you condemn. So it isn't hypocrisy because you think we may or may not react a certain way. We would actually have to act in contradiction to what we say. Also, if someone finds it funny and then Nintendo does the same thing and another person finds it insulting that isnt hypocrisy either.