By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

Max King of the Wild said:

Maybe if you want to spin things then yeah thats what i said. Still doesn't confirm what you said.  Which was releasing new hardware every six years is milking. Which its not. it is normal technology progression. you are just completely ignorant and are now just trying to justify that ignorance

It doesn't have to be about PS4, you mentioned KZ4 as well. Also, when I mentioned PS4 I was harping more on the name than the simple act of releasing new hardware, which is why I spelled out and bolded the word Four instead of just typing it numerically. The moral of the story is milking is milking. Of course this makes Sony look hypocritical, so you're going to apply levels to milking, as if it makes a difference.

Around the Network

wow ppl get really excited for ridge racer 8

snyps said:
wow ppl get really excited for riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer 8

fixed

J_Allard said:
snyps said:
wow ppl get really excited for riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer 8

fixed

LMAO XD

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

J_Allard said:

Maybe if you want to spin things then yeah thats what i said. Still doesn't confirm what you said.  Which was releasing new hardware every six years is milking. Which its not. it is normal technology progression. you are just completely ignorant and are now just trying to justify that ignorance

It doesn't have to be about PS4, you mentioned KZ4 as well. Also, when I mentioned PS4 I was harping more on the name than the simple act of releasing new hardware, which is why I spelled out and bolded the word Four instead of just typing it numerically. The moral of the story is milking is milking. Of course this makes Sony look hypocritical, so you're going to apply levels to milking, as if it makes a difference.

You are just completely wrong. I guess MS is milking xbox and nintendo is milking Nintendo and ford is milking ford and should still have the model T for everyone. And samsung is mlking their phones

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
morenoingrato said:
Oh! Yay! Another Mario game!

Anyway, with all this stealth attacking, Sony is raising the bar really high for this 20th. They better show something mindblowing.

Why?

No matter what Sony shows, fans will make it like something mindblowing.
They could show a turd with pencils in it and the internet will go nuts over this anyway.

It doesn't matter which games are shown or teased, the internet will go crazy. Look at the games Sony released last year. Some guys here said PSABR will be such a great game and even predicted sales in the 4-5 million region.

Look how people got crazy for The Last Guardian in... I guess it was 2009. It actually won E3 awards for best game of the show (which tells you something about those awards as well).

Look how people praised the NGP, which became the Vita. 3DS was basically doomed for months.

I expect a few teasers and trailers and the internet will be like 'Sony has the best 1st party lineup of all times!'. In reality, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio these days.

Vita was praised because people believed the price was good and because people believe games were coming. The hardware is obviously awesome, that's what people saw at the time. Then Nintendo dropped the price of 3DS by 30%...

I give this post overall 2/10

Last line = wat?

You appear to be breeding a lot of hate. Let it flow through you.

No matter why people praised the Vita - it was not deserved. 1 year in and it is basically dead. The internet went nuts over one of the biggest flops in the history of Sony. And I keep hearing "The hardware is awesome!" but I don't see it to be honest. Care to explain what makes the hardware so awesome? It can't be the analog-sticks that is for sure. I can't be the resolution either.

So yeah, Sony could introduce another major flop like the PS Vita and the fans would still praise them.

And yeah, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio.

If only you ever made sense. The Vita is an amazing hardware, unfortunatly it doesn't sell well. You mix 2 things, sales and the quality of the product. Sony's Minidisc was one of the best music format ever yet it didn't sell. Quantity=/=quality. By your logic, CoD is the best game ever. I'm sure you understand this, right buddy? You entered the thread with an agenda, where have you been when reports said Surface tablets are a huge flop? Microsoft could introduce another major flop like Surface and the fans would still praise them.

J_Allard said:

You are just completely wrong. I guess MS is milking xbox and nintendo is milking Nintendo and ford is milking ford and should still have the model T for everyone. And samsung is mlking their phones

Hey Sony is the one ****ing this monkey, we're just holding it down.

F0X said:

How would such a thing be determined? Platinum Games might self-censor in order to appeal to broader audience, like they did with...

...oh wait. MadWorld is actually strong evidence that given the freedom, Platinum will do whatever they feel like irrespective of platform.

Ah, ok, maybe you're right.  I didn't realize Nintendo published MadWorld.

pokoko said:
twilight_link said:
twilight_link said:

today looking at FFVII PlayStation ad is extremely funny, just look at the entire Japanese videogame market, when they betrayed Nintendo they were pinnacle of video game industry, today after 3 generations with Sony they're globally irrelevant.

Look at Square the success of FFVII was in fact beginning of their demise, look at them today at their lineup (iOS games) and after all sales FFType0 are on pre SFC level.

The only globally relevant part of Japanese game industry are handhelds (exactly the part Nintendo always dominated) and Nintendo.

Uh, how is 3rd parties success or failure due to either nintendo or sony? The games you claim that are irrelevant now on Sony platforms would be nonexistant on Nintendos

FFVII and PS1 marks paradigm shift in Japanese game development (CD, FMV), in the end it failed hard, the complete irrelevancy of entire industry which bet on one card (Playstation card) is nothing arbitrary.

So the decline of the Japanese development industry had nothing to do with the rapid expansion of development in the west?  It was all because of CDs?  None of which would have happened if FF7 had stayed with Nintendo?

Not only is that amazingly simplistic, it's also kind of silly.

rapid development? you meant demographics and paradigm shift, the games are games nothing more or less, Sega and after all Sony began selling games as something like lifestyle, this is however nonsense. it caused influx of demographics group interested in cool factor, the JRPG sells because were cool, Playstation sell because it was cool, PSP was cool, from short term perspective this was interesting strategy, but in long term it failed, the hordes are uninterested in anything but what is cool. Vita is victim of this, this is why is failure is not cool enough, the 2nd bestselling game on this platform is actually CoD .

In case of CoD, this is first generation in which absolutely horrible mediocre game is bestselling franchise and you call this rapid development? your rapid development is nothing but joke as the entire mature and adult category content.

is nothing but PR talk to address to lowest part of society

twilight_link said:

today looking at FFVII PlayStation ad is extremely funny, just look at the entire Japanese videogame market, when they betrayed Nintendo they were pinnacle of video game industry, today after 3 generations with Sony they're globally irrelevant.

Look at Square the success of FFVII was in fact beginning of their demise, look at them today at their lineup (iOS games) and after all sales FFType0 are on pre SFC level.

The only globally relevant part of Japanese game industry are handhelds (exactly the part Nintendo always dominated) and Nintendo.

No. When Sony dominated the Japanese gaming industry was at its peak. The PS1-PS2 period was probably the best they've ever seen.