By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

Sony marketing competitions games more than they market their own lately LOL.

They'd better have something amazing for the 20th. Kinda hypocritical with this one though as they're about to unveil Playstation Four and reportedly Killzone Three.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
twilight_link said:

today looking at FFVII PlayStation ad is extremely funny, just look at the entire Japanese videogame market, when they betrayed Nintendo they were pinnacle of video game industry, today after 3 generations with Sony they're globally irrelevant.

Look at Square the success of FFVII was in fact beginning of their demise, look at them today at their lineup (iOS games) and after all sales FFType0 are on pre SFC level.

The only globally relevant part of Japanese game industry are handhelds (exactly the part Nintendo always dominated) and Nintendo.

Uh, how is 3rd parties success or failure due to either nintendo or sony? The games you claim that are irrelevant now on Sony platforms would be nonexistant on Nintendos

FFVII and PS1 marks paradigm shift in Japanese game development (CD, FMV), in the end it failed hard, the complete irrelevancy of entire industry which bet on one card (Playstation card) is nothing arbitrary.

twilight_link said:

today looking at FFVII PlayStation ad is extremely funny, just look at the entire Japanese videogame market, when they betrayed Nintendo they were pinnacle of video game industry, today after 3 generations with Sony they're globally irrelevant.

Look at Square the success of FFVII was in fact beginning of their demise, look at them today at their lineup (iOS games) and after all sales FFType0 are on pre SFC level.

The only globally relevant part of Japanese game industry are handhelds (exactly the part Nintendo always dominated) and Nintendo.

twilight_link said:

Well Square Enix's "demise" I would say started with them making Final Fantasy multi-platform. It's obvious that multi-platform development is too time consuming and hasn't increased their profits one bit. If Final Fantasy XIII had stayed PS3 exclusive, it probably would have sold better than it did. Exclusives get TONS of hype and it would have pushed PS3 sales as well. I would call that a win/win for both Square Enix and Sony. Make it happen for PS4.

F0X said:
pokoko said:

You know, honestly, if they made a Bayonetta 2 mini-game where you could rub to remove her clothing like in the game, it would increase sells in Japan.  I have no doubt of that.

I'm going to be interested to see just how sexy Nintendo lets Bayonetta 2 end up.  If it's toned down from the first one, the fallout will be fun to watch.

I don't know. Nintendo is no stranger to leveraging the sex appeal of female protagonists. There's an armor type in Xenoblade that is more or less invisible.

That's very nifty armor, yes, but ... I mean, have you played Bayonetta?  It's far, far beyond just showing skin.

Seriously, at the end she kills a female angel with a sexual torture attack.  I'm not saying Nintendo will demand Bayonetta 2 be toned down but it also wouldn't surprise me.

Around the Network
pezus said:
J_Allard said:

They'd better have something amazing for the 20th. Kinda hypocritical with this one though as they're about to unveil Playstation Four and reportedly Killzone Three.

Killzone 4

Better than Mario 200 ;o

Oh yeah like the rest of the gaming world I kind of forgot about KZ3. Actually I bought it day one. But the point remains.

And no, Mario is still somehow better, even "200" iterations later.

J_Allard said:

Can you really hold HW to the same standards as SW? even then Kz4 and Ps4 are nowhere near Mario thus no hypocritical statements made

...I admit... my jmmies will be rustled among the highest altitudes if anything but the ps4 is revealed.

Max King of the Wild said:
J_Allard said:

Can you really hold HW to the same standards as SW? even then Kz4 and Ps4 are nowhere near Mario thus no hypocritical statements made

Of course you can.

And saying "ah well it's not as bad as Mario" is basically confirming I am right. You can claim it's not as bad but the bottom line is the same thing is going on. You wanna bet they also show off some more Uncharted and some more LBP and some more Gran Turismo? Oh yay, another Gran Turismo game.

pezus said:
J_Allard said:
pezus said:
J_Allard said:

Killzone 4

Better than Mario 200 ;o

Oh yeah like the rest of the gaming world I kind of forgot about KZ3. Actually I bought it day one. But the point remains.

And no, Mario is still somehow better, even "200" iterations later.

I don't mean better in terms of quality, but in that there's less milk dripping off the game cases.

Yeah that doesn't matter though. "bubuu sony milks too they just milk less!" doesn't really cut it here.

And the same thing I said in that other thread about Sony's arrogant trolling. The funniest part about it, is that if Sony had an iconic IP like Mario that they could use so much and make so much money off of, they'd do it and smile all the way to the bank.