By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

irstupid said:
Stuff like this turns me off companies.

I'm a fan of taking the high road versus bashing competitors. Thus why I have election years so much.

IA

There's no need to sling mud, your quality of your product should speak for itself...even if it's overpriced, has no software and is currently tanking. 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
F0X said:
pokoko said:

It would be interesting but I don't think Nintendo could go that route without altering the image they've fostered for the last 700 years.  It's an approach that would only work with mature-content oriented core gamers and I'm not sure they have enough of those games to pull it off.

However, if they did decide to change their image a little--and that's all we're really talking about for either company, contructed images--then they should probably make Bayonetta 2 the focal point.  Perhaps show an action montage followed by a sexy pose from Bayonetta along with something like, "you can't get this on Playstation".

With Nintendo's current management, though, I don't see a change of image happening.  Just watching Nintendo direct tells me that they're still focused on people who like to see people wearing Mario costumes and doing stuff with plush mushrooms.  I'm not saying that's bad, just that it's not usually an image that gels with agressive marketing.

Also Bayonetta 2 needs to have a touchscreen mode.  Players will have her unleash devastating attacks by strategically tickling various parts of her body.

You know, honestly, if they made a Bayonetta 2 mini-game where you could rub to remove her clothing like in the game, it would increase sells in Japan.  I have no doubt of that.

I'm going to be interested to see just how sexy Nintendo lets Bayonetta 2 end up.  If it's toned down from the first one, the fallout will be fun to watch.

I don't know. Nintendo is no stranger to leveraging the sex appeal of female protagonists. There's an armor type in Xenoblade that is more or less invisible.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

today looking at FFVII PlayStation ad is extremely funny, just look at the entire Japanese videogame market, when they betrayed Nintendo they were pinnacle of video game industry, today after 3 generations with Sony they're globally irrelevant.

Look at Square the success of FFVII was in fact beginning of their demise, look at them today at their lineup (iOS games) and after all sales FFType0 are on pre SFC level.

The only globally relevant part of Japanese game industry are handhelds (exactly the part Nintendo always dominated) and Nintendo.

pokoko said:
This is killing me. It's like reading printed gold. Thank you Sony or whomever, this has been interesting :D

If you're over sixteen and you're sullen about this, please, stop what you're doing, take a deep breath, and remind yourself that this is just advertising for video-game consoles at the very most. Chuckle and/or shrug and move on.

I have an image of Mario shaking an angry fist while reading some of these replies and it's just killing me.

As far as the idea I keep reading that Sony would love to have Mario, yes, absolutely, of course they would--but they don't, so what's the point? Should they make ads saying "Hey, look, another Mario game, we wish we had that franchise"? Tch, yeah right. In any competition, you look to make your opponent's strengths into weaknesses. That's all this is. They're looking to influence people who really might be growing tired of Mario. If you love Mario and want more, then this ad probably isn't aimed at you.

I think most of us are being sarcastic. At least I was.

Yes Sony, that's what Kevin Butler, your "badass executive", says now.

Around the Network
pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
morenoingrato said:
Oh! Yay! Another Mario game!

Anyway, with all this stealth attacking, Sony is raising the bar really high for this 20th. They better show something mindblowing.

Why?

No matter what Sony shows, fans will make it like something mindblowing.
They could show a turd with pencils in it and the internet will go nuts over this anyway.

It doesn't matter which games are shown or teased, the internet will go crazy. Look at the games Sony released last year. Some guys here said PSABR will be such a great game and even predicted sales in the 4-5 million region.

Look how people got crazy for The Last Guardian in... I guess it was 2009. It actually won E3 awards for best game of the show (which tells you something about those awards as well).

Look how people praised the NGP, which became the Vita. 3DS was basically doomed for months.

I expect a few teasers and trailers and the internet will be like 'Sony has the best 1st party lineup of all times!'. In reality, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio these days.

Vita was praised because people believed the price was good and because people believe games were coming. The hardware is obviously awesome, that's what people saw at the time. Then Nintendo dropped the price of 3DS by 30%...

I give this post overall 2/10

Last line = wat?

You appear to be breeding a lot of hate. Let it flow through you.

No matter why people praised the Vita - it was not deserved. 1 year in and it is basically dead. The internet went nuts over one of the biggest flops in the history of Sony. And I keep hearing "The hardware is awesome!" but I don't see it to be honest. Care to explain what makes the hardware so awesome? It can't be the analog-sticks that is for sure. I can't be the resolution either.

So yeah, Sony could introduce another major flop like the PS Vita and the fans would still praise them.

And yeah, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

twilight_link said:

today looking at FFVII PlayStation ad is extremely funny, just look at the entire Japanese videogame market, when they betrayed Nintendo they were pinnacle of video game industry, today after 3 generations with Sony they're globally irrelevant.

Look at Square the success of FFVII was in fact beginning of their demise, look at them today at their lineup (iOS games) and after all sales FFType0 are on pre SFC level.

The only globally relevant part of Japanese game industry are handhelds (exactly the part Nintendo always dominated) and Nintendo.

Uh, how is 3rd parties success or failure due to either nintendo or sony? The games you claim that are irrelevant now on Sony platforms would be nonexistant on Nintendos

am i sensing some type of anal-juice leakage coming from somebody in here right now?

Nintendo Fans are seriously butthurt. Sony kicking ass confirmed!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

This could have easily been photoshopped you know. Anyway whoever made this, whether it was Sony or some fanboy, I think we all feel this way. Good job.