By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

NintendoPie said:
It would be interesting to see how some people would react if Nintendo went ahead with this type of advertising for some of their new consoles/games.

It would be interesting but I don't think Nintendo could go that route without altering the image they've fostered for the last 700 years.  It's an approach that would only work with mature-content oriented core gamers and I'm not sure they have enough of those games to pull it off.

However, if they did decide to change their image a little--and that's all we're really talking about for either company, contructed images--then they should probably make Bayonetta 2 the focal point.  Perhaps show an action montage followed by a sexy pose from Bayonetta along with something like, "you can't get this on Playstation".

With Nintendo's current management, though, I don't see a change of image happening.  Just watching Nintendo direct tells me that they're still focused on people who like to see people wearing Mario costumes and doing stuff with plush mushrooms.  I'm not saying that's bad, just that it's not usually an image that gels with agressive marketing.

Around the Network
F0X said:
Does this mean Sony will announce a new Crash Bandicoot game?

I so very much wish they do announce and Naughty Dog would still continue to impress.

pokoko said:
NintendoPie said:
It would be interesting to see how some people would react if Nintendo went ahead with this type of advertising for some of their new consoles/games.

It would be interesting but I don't think Nintendo could go that route without altering the image they've fostered for the last 700 years.  It's an approach that would only work with mature-content oriented core gamers and I'm not sure they have enough of those games to pull it off.

However, if they did decide to change their image a little--and that's all we're really talking about for either company, contructed images--then they should probably make Bayonetta 2 the focal point.  Perhaps show an action montage followed by a sexy pose from Bayonetta along with something like, "you can't get this on Playstation".

With Nintendo's current management, though, I don't see a change of image happening.  Just watching Nintendo direct tells me that they're still focused on people who like to see people wearing Mario costumes and doing stuff with plush mushrooms.  I'm not saying that's bad, just that it's not usually an image that gels with agressive marketing.

Also Bayonetta 2 needs to have a touchscreen mode.  Players will have her unleash devastating attacks by strategically tickling various parts of her body.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

GameAnalyser said:
F0X said:

I so very much wish they do announce and Naughty Dog would still continue to impress.

At least it would show that Naughty Dog hasn't lost touch with what made them successful to begin with.

Either that or Jak 4. That might be enough to win me back, Sony.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
GameAnalyser said:
F0X said:

At least it would show that Naughty Dog hasn't lost touch with what made them successful to begin with.

Either that or Jak 4. That might be enough to win me back, Sony.

Jak 4 would be a very pleasant announcement to me, instead of having all those UC games. With an announcement of Jak 4 it would probably lead me to buy the system sometime during 2014. 

That would make me an owner of 3 systems. 3DS, my future Wii U and PS4.

1000th Post!!!

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
F0X said:
pokoko said:

Also Bayonetta 2 needs to have a touchscreen mode.  Players will have her unleash devastating attacks by strategically tickling various parts of her body.

You know, honestly, if they made a Bayonetta 2 mini-game where you could rub to remove her clothing like in the game, it would increase sells in Japan.  I have no doubt of that.

I'm going to be interested to see just how sexy Nintendo lets Bayonetta 2 end up.  If it's toned down from the first one, the fallout will be fun to watch.

Andrespetmonkey said:

Because that is what it is... nothing. Harmless jokes. In fact, the only company that could really get burned here is Sony, so the "disapproving" ninty fans here are acting really dumb. 

This is exactly why I said it would be funny to see Nintendo do this.

pokoko said:
NintendoPie said:

I'm sure they could twist something of theirs to make Sony/MS fans angry. Bayonetta is actually a good example.

Stuff like this turns me off companies.

I'm a fan of taking the high road versus bashing competitors. Thus why I have election years so much.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
sony should concentrate on advertising thier games instead of pulling this childish crap

This is literally all they did from 06-10, and they started back up with the Vita.