By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - should i buy Ni No Kuni?

okay here is the thing, i don't like jrpg in general, this generation i didn't even buy one jrpg , i bought masseffect 2 and valkeria i didn't even like mass effect but i liked valkyria

i played the demo, the graphic is good, i like the story based on what i heard, and combat system is okay. So i am not sure if i should buy this or buy sly cooper 4

Around the Network
sepisfu said:

okay here is the thing, i don't like jrpg in general, this generation i didn't even buy one jrpg , i bought masseffect 2 and valkeria i didn't even like mass effect but i liked valkeria

i played the demo, the graphic is good, i like the story based on what i heard, and combat system is okay. So i am not sure if i should buy this or buy sly cooper 4

I wouldn't buy it if i was you. If you don't really like JRPG's, then you will regret getting it later (although it could introduce you to the genre lol) I'de wait for it till it's way cheaper if you are ready for an experiment. It's a safer bet to go with Sly Cooper, which is a good platformer.

Good luck :)

If you don't like traditional JRPG, Ni no Kuni will put you to sleep.

I'm not all that big on traditional jrpg outside Final Fantasy and loved every minute of the 60 hours I spend with Ni No Kuni. I bought both games anyway, still have to start Sly Cooper. I'm almost done with Ni No Kuni, just that S rank fight left in the trials. (And tons of farming for alchemy and other completionist trophies but I don't care for that)
If you liked replaying battles in Valkyria Chronicles for better ranks and leveling up you won't have any problem with Ni No Kuni.

hope this helps

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154912&page=1#2

Around the Network

I'd go with Sly 4. Unless you haven't gotten the collection then go with that. It's 3d platforming goodness.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

If you don't like JRPG's, ninokuni is as traditional as they come nowadays so I wouldn't recommend it.

If you love studio ghibli, then you still might like it. If you're not a big fan of studio ghibli or JRPG's... this game isn't for you at all.

Valkyria is a T-RPG, it's different compared to Ni no Kuni.
If you don't like J-RPG, take safely Sly 4 :)

Personnaly, I like Ni no Kuni, that's a very good game but if you don't like this kind of games, don't buy it.

Yes if you want the play the 3rd best RPG this gen (PS360Wii)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints